RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that the new 2010 Range Rover Vogue has automatic cruise control like the top of the range Sport has had for a few years now...

I would love to have this on my 2007 TDV8 Range Rover instead of the normal cruise control... does anyone know if it is possible to "retrofit" automatic cruise control. Just in case you don't know what im on about, its the cruise control that keeps you a certain distance from the car in front... like Mercedes' Distronic system.

Im also toying with the idea of having the 2010 facelift done, there are companies doing the full works with new bumpers, LED lights etc for about £3000-£3500, I wonder how much my local LR dealership would charge for this? It could be worth an ask?!

Let me know your views... Thanks

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
I've researched this on the Pre 06 BMW based system and came to the conclusion that it "may" be possible, but I have no idea what the 06+ uses? Is it a jag system or a LR own? If its jag, and if jag cars do "adaptive cc" then it may be possible.

Dan

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
It would be easier and maybe cheaper to buy a 2010 and back date it's looks. There is a lot more to it then just the radar unit, there is a brake module, different speed control computer. Then there is the proper placement of the optical equipment. If it only was as simple as wiring in the park distance sensors, but then that would be just a little to close for comfort.

Mark.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts