RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm concerned that the automatic access height on the new 2020 p400e I'm ordering may be the first thing that fails if using it too often. I'm 5'5 so in my old Toyota 4runner, I use the side steps all the time. With the new p400e, I didn't order the side steps. The automatic access height feature was the reason I didn't pay extra for the side steps, but now I'm concerned of using it multiple times a day for a long time, it may cause issues.

Anyone have issues with the automatic access height so far? It's not too late to change my order and add in the side steps if necessary. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I manually put my l322 in access every time I pulled the car into the garage for a decade without issue. IMO the compressor fails when it's running constantly to compensate for an issue/overheats repeatedly. Everything working as it should the compressor running to get you back out of access height shouldn't be an issue. Then again anything can happen. I also tend to think with these cars using features is what keeps them operating. It works on the same principals as my shop compressor and that thing has been grinding out compressed air since the early 90's... worst case you'll have to eventually rebuild/replace it... not the end of the world.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I owned an L320 from new for 9 years and used access mode all the time. No issues.
i have L405 P400e on order... looking forward to joining the club!

·
Registered
458 Posts
My experience has been different. Had to replace the compressor at 45K on my 2013 RRSC. Have not really used access height since then.(never had that problem with my 2003 RR in 10 years).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts