RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Dynamic response is not an option. You won't add/remove it, it won't be displayed as a feature, apparently. It's just a part of the high-performance vehicle setup, for the lack of better term. Read (not skim, but READ) comment #29 above, it's clearly spelled out there. You're still looking for it in the configurator when it was clearly said that it's not there.

No pre-2020 HSE specs (even the NA V8) got this, what's essentially an enhanced stabilizer technology.
Here's some MY brochures, use CTRL+F to find it.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
973 Posts
It is in the configurator for the RRS. That's what I found odd.
Generally speaking you can't believe everything you read on the configurator - and that includes both the options presented and the list of standard options.

I'm trying to find my old screenshots about the errors. They used to stick that "Rear Vanity Mirrors" in places and stereo didn't always match what actually was included.

Specific to the Sport, the brochure says it's only for the V8 models, the order guide says it's standard on the P400e too, and the configurator doesn't list it in standard features. This is Land Rover.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIV / L405
313 Posts
I bought gently used 2016 and couldnt justify paying 20-30k more for an AB. So I got a 5.0 supercharged and ordered aftermarket metal interior bits like gear selector, AC knobs and armrest knobs. All in It was under $150 for a very noticeable upgraded cabin. It came with the mid range stereo package and ill upgrade the main door speakers to the AB speakers for another $500.

I will say then when test driving the supercharged 5.0 VS Supercharged 3.0 was night and day. The big motor was a 'must have' after that.

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
The active cornering "Dynamic Response" system can be noted by a reservoir on the (US) drive side of the engine compartment and will have a yellow cap, or a plastic shield on top of the entire reservoir. It's right of the oil cap.

IMO I would never own another RR without it. The handling is much less boat like, even if you're not "racing it around the track". Full fat L405s don't have an option for dynamic..unless it is an SVAD.
I bought the Supercharged but would have easily spent $5k~ more on an ATB if I could find it in the spec that I would want..which is not easy. Black/black exterior, ivory interior with black seats and headliner with adaptive cruise control and winged headrests.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please excuse my ignorance. I see the $40k difference in price, but from the outside look of it, they look very much the same to me. If I pick the HSE, upgrade the wheels, adds some options that the autobiography includes as standards, do I have pretty much the same car while saving $20k?

Thanks in advance for inputs and helping a newbie.
Don't buy Landrover it's not for you if you buying for looks. You will never know what you have.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Classic
9 Posts
Please excuse my ignorance. I see the $40k difference in price, but from the outside look of it, they look very much the same to me. If I pick the HSE, upgrade the wheels, adds some options that the autobiography includes as standards, do I have pretty much the same car while saving $20k?

I was as ignorant as you a few months ago and little by little mostly thanks to this website, I learned
From what I glanced
Autobiography means that you can customize it when you purchase it (seats, colors, options)
An autobiography has better leather
Usually cooling front seats
Better rims
Then to confirm because I am not 100% sure, the autobiography has a supercharged engine as opposition to the HSE
In the newer model the autobiography will have front parking camera and panoraminf
Roof plus a wooded steering wheel
Hope this helps
I have a 2007 HSE with 305 HP and it is sufficient enough

·
SUPER MODERATOR
973 Posts
Autobiography is just a trim level that has certain defaults configured. There's no need to guess or debate what it might or might not have. This is specific to the USA model as of 1/1/20 - go to landrover.com, build a Range Rover, choose the P525 engine and the subsequent screen will show the P525 HSE(this was the Supercharged model pre-2020) vs the Autobiography. It actually does a great job listing the standard items for both packages. While an Autobiography has many options included, it does not include all options and some things can still be added.

As far as customizing, you are given a few more color choices for the exterior and on the interior it's additional leather colors, wood choices, headliner options, seating upgrades, etc. For the most part these are choices you pay more for.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought gently used 2016 and couldnt justify paying 20-30k more for an AB. So I got a 5.0 supercharged and ordered aftermarket metal interior bits like gear selector, AC knobs and armrest knobs. All in It was under $150 for a very noticeable upgraded cabin. It came with the mid range stereo package and ill upgrade the main door speakers to the AB speakers for another $500.

I will say then when test driving the supercharged 5.0 VS Supercharged 3.0 was night and day. The big motor was a 'must have' after that.
Where did you order those parts from?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took delivery of an Autobiography P400e last month. My thoughts are that at $20k less, it's the best value of the Autobiographies. For me living in Los Angeles, we needed to err on fuel efficiency so the hybrid wasn't much of a compromise. My impressions of owning the Autobiography is that it's really really plush! While the power is not like the supercharged versions, it's got a really nice torque curve. When running on ev, it's intoxicatingly quiet and smooth...so much so I wish my car was full ev. The smoothness of the ev drivetrain really fits with the overall Autobiography feel. If you are in the market for an Autobiohraphy definitely give the P400E a look.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,076 Posts
My understanding is that the HSE (now P380) and SC (now P525) were basically the same vehicle except for the engine, badge on the trunk, price, and any extra driving dynamics from the V8 such as those mentioned before. Also there's an option for an active rear differential on the V8 which isn't available on the V6 model.

The ATB allows for much more options including colors and quality of leather/materials inside but from a driving feel should be identical to the SC.

Also the dynamic response mentioned above is different than dynamic mode, which previously was not available in the L405 until the SV trim came around AB in 2016 (I think?) and then in 2018+ became standard in all L405 models (the squiggly road icon on the terrain response).

I don't know the P400 very well, but I know often the hybrid/electric models get some more options as standard trim than the corresponding V6 would. For example in the L494 I believe the 825W stereo is standard on the HSE P400 whereas on the regular HSE it's the 380W stereo.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
973 Posts
Also the dynamic response mentioned above is different than dynamic mode, which previously was not available in the L405 until the SV trim came around AB in 2016 (I think?) and then in 2018+ became standard in all L405 models (the squiggly road icon on the terrain response).
That's very interesting - do we have any proof of this? 2016 was the year SVAutobiography replaced Autobiography Black, but I never found any documentation specific to a Dynamic Mode in a pre-MY18 L405. Any owners manual supplements? Looking at the Terrain Response on the SVAutobiography pics I took there's that normal void at the 9 o'clock position but maybe the one I saw was pre-production?

In 2017 they did release the SVAutobiography Dynamic but that didn't have a Dynamic Mode on the TR dial either.

I love documenting the odd finds - please share more if you can.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,076 Posts
Looks like I am remembering incorrectly--looks like the dynamic mode came to the L405 in 2017, you are correct! From what I can tell for 2016 the SVAutobiography was just another name for the Black but in 2017 came the sporty version which has carried over after the refresh.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Where did you order those parts from?
Ebay. They came from China but the quality is spot on. The metal arm rest adjusters were the only thing that caused me some pause. Powerfuluk has video for install on their site for most internal bits.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ebay. They came from China but the quality is spot on. The metal arm rest adjusters were the only thing that caused me some pause. Powerfuluk has video for install on their site for most internal bits.
When you say "pause" for the metal arm rest adjusters was it b/c of the quality or bc you weren't sure how to install them?

I believe you have to split the plastic halves of the arm rest to get inside to get to the "release" on them adjusters.

·
Registered
313 Posts
When you say "pause" for the metal arm rest adjusters was it b/c of the quality or bc you weren't sure how to install them?

I believe you have to split the plastic halves of the arm rest to get inside to get to the "release" on them adjusters.

Yes pause to think a bit about how they come apart. They are actually three parts: Left, Right and Upper. The Upper part needs to be removed at the front so they go together correctly. There is one tab that wont in correctly if you just undo the lower halves. The PowerfulUK vid only separates the bottom halves. I found it easier to put back together when I got the top portion also loosend at the front.

·
Registered
284 Posts
good to know....I plan on getting a set....only $25 or so

41 - 57 of 57 Posts