RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning,
I ordered a fully loaded, I mean the only option I left on the table was the smoker’s package, on the V8 Supercharded Dynamic.
But after seeing on the board here that only the Autobiography has the extended leather and for re-sell purposes, I think the Autobiography is the better choice.
I speced out both on the build your own, and the price difference was only $3K.
I am not happy that my dealer did not suggest or move me to the Autobiography!
I have a feeling it is because they did not have any allotments left for the Autobiographies./:(
Can I get some help?
I never received a last date to make changes......

Thank you!
Southern Cali Girl

·
Registered
329 Posts
Dynamic has extended leather if you pick Tan or Pimento.

I think it is a personal choice, but if you are going all in and the difference is only 3k go for it.

For me there was a much bigger difference and I was happy with a Dynamic V8.

·
Registered
750 Posts
You should have gotten some kind of order confirmation/sheet. In the order sheet will be a cutoff date of when you can make changes.

You get extended leather if you order Tan Pimento as your interior color. If one of those 2 colors is already your choice, then I would skip the ATB. You're getting the almost the same car.

-ThinkMac-

Good Morning,
I ordered a fully loaded, I mean the only option I left on the table was the smoker’s package, on the V8 Supercharded Dynamic.
But after seeing on the board here that only the Autobiography has the extended leather and for re-sell purposes, I think the Autobiography is the better choice.
I speced out both on the build your own, and the price difference was only $3K.
I am not happy that my dealer did not suggest or move me to the Autobiography!
I have a feeling it is because they did not have any allotments left for the Autobiographies./:(
Can I get some help?
I never received a last date to make changes......

Thank you!
Southern Cali Girl

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
You do get a few more small details with ATB which to me are worth the extra $$

The option of having two toned leather (This is a big deal to me)
The color-matched lower trim and slightly different rear bumper (and I mean slightly)
The ATB badge ;)
Extended leather in every color choice (Also a big deal)

There might be a couple of more things but LR does a poor job outlining these items.

·
Registered
329 Posts

The color-matched lower trim and slightly different rear bumper (and I mean slightly)
The ATB badge ;)

There might be a couple of more things but LR does a poor job outlining these items.
Don't forget that amazing Ambient Lighting :p

·
Registered
340 Posts

The ATB badge ;)

I went ATB under your scenario for all the above and resale since I bought mine vs. lease. Happy I did. The 3 tone interior was a big one - I love the contrasts. Whats 3K at the end of the day when you spend 100K plus - its only 3%...Hopefully you can make the change. Your dealer should have walked you through each trim level.

·
Registered
531 Posts

The ATB badge ;)

The lower trim can be colored without ATBs, I have seen many that are not ATB

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for your input!
My dealer has not responded back to me about my options or the status of my order.
I have to say I never would have expected this much trouble trying to buy a 100K plus car!!!!!
My dealer is not responsive, and I truly believe they did not walk me through the ATB option is because they were out of thier allotments. :oops:

·
Registered
329 Posts
The dealers are all terrible. I was also surprised at the lack of communication on such a high-end vehicle, one day it will catch up to them.

I knew more about the vehicle and options than anyone at the dealership, continue to ask questions here and do your own research. Not only will you be better informed but you will get a better sense of accomplishment when you get your truck.

A great product can only carry them so far, maybe Elon Musk and Tesla can do away with dealers :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not all dealers are bad… My guy reviewed every option that was available to me when placing the order, even when I said I don't think I'll want that he usually said you should know that it exists. When I took delivery he spent 1 & 1/2 hours going over every option in the car. As questions arose I gave him a call and was able to answer them over the phone. A week after delivery he called to see if I had any more questions.
I got mine at Land Rover Milford, Ct

·
Registered
329 Posts
Not all dealers are bad… My guy reviewed every option that was available to me when placing the order, even when I said I don't think I'll want that he usually said you should know that it exists. When I took delivery he spent 1 & 1/2 hours going over every option in the car. As questions arose I gave him a call and was able to answer them over the phone. A week after delivery he called to see if I had any more questions.
I got mine at Land Rover Milford, Ct
Sounds like a much better experience than I had

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
My dealer definitely was responsive. And I should know, I talked to them like 30 times. Always replied within a couple of days.
they didn't push the ATB on me because I was trying to stay under $90k ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts