RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I’m new to this forum and I’m in the market for a Range Rover and I have a couple of questions. My first question is what makes the Autobiography $37,000 more expensive than the V8 Supercharged version. When you add the options included in the Autobiography there is still a large price delta. The grade of leather and the premium audio is all I can determine the difference to be. My second question is would it be better to go for a 2017 supercharged V8 or a 2016 Autobiography if the prices were close? Thank you.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
AB has trim level choices.... BUT since you a looking at used and older models, you have no options. Your choices are limited to the used choices presented. AB is not a all a selling benefit if the options are not something you are looking for.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
101 Posts
On '17 models and older only the ATB's offered the leather or suede-like headliner. For '18 the suede headliner is an option on all models, but the leather is only for ATB and above. ATB allows you to have the rear executive seating and different trims / upgrades...most notably the ones you mentioned: the 1700 watt stereo and upgraded leather (more dash stitching too)...plus more color selections.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
And once a SCV8 is properly specced, the price difference shrinks to something like $15k which isn't all bad for the upgrades mentioned above.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had the exact same question regarding the price delta which in/ on how I optioned my truck was +- $20K but I can say the experience (for me anyway) and the sense of occasion when in an ATB was worth the delta..half of which you should get back when you sell the vehicle. The additional leather and stereo make that cabin a pretty special place to spend some time in the ATB...not to say my SC wasn't great for the 3 1/2 years I have owned it...just that much more special.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I purchased a used 2014 Autobiography. Currently they are selling for $15-20K more than SC. Still a steep premium. It was primarily the sound system and leather that I wanted. Both are excellent. If you enjoy music I highly recommend the upgraded sound system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And once a SCV8 is properly specced, the price difference shrinks to something like $15k which isn't all bad for the upgrades mentioned above.
My math came up with a bigger difference than $15k once the SCV8 was fully loaded but I figure second hand 50% of the cost difference between the 2 trims will gone and the difference at that point should be maintained.

·
Registered
389 Posts
IMO the sound system and the semi aniline leather is worth it- besides all the other options that come standard in ATB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts