RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've been looking at a 6 month old Autobiography which was registered in March 2017. A couple of things: the actual build date was December 2016, does that mean it is a MY16 model rather than a MY17? I can't find out any information,

Secondly, the dealer is saying it has Advanced Tow Assist but it's not on the build sheet he emailed me. He did send this picture but I have no idea.

Are there any pitfalls to look out for when going to view it?

Thanks,

Billy
Tow Assist.jpg

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
101 Posts
Check the center rear view mirror and the navigation screen. The '17's have a frame-less center rear view mirror and the larger nav screen. Please see the '17 images below. A Dec. '16 build should be a '17 model year.

b1b36cd782364b5cad9759a913ca649a.jpg bc836d819d564825ad0154f5396ad10e.jpg

·
SUPER MODERATOR
979 Posts
Is this an Autobiography or an SVAutobiography? The trim around the Terrain Response dial looks fancy.

Also if that pic is from the vehicle in question then yes, it is an MY17 vehicle and yes, you have Advanced Tow Assist. The build sheet might call Advanced Tow Assist something else, often an internal name is used on the build sheet for various features.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Billy, what dealer is it? Grange?

I note you are in Ciren, I am in Burleigh so very close. Mine is a 14MY ATB SDV8. If you want to have a nose round it, then let me know? I'll be around Friday and Saturday. Could pop to AV8 for a pint or a coffee?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the messages on this - I've just put a deposit down to secure the car subject to test drive and viewing. I'm slightly nervous because of the recent launch of the 2018 model and don't know if with all of the upgrades/changes better to order one of them. Yes this is the SV model and 550bhp petrol version. Welcome all of your thoughts. Also, anyone know how I can change the settings so I get alerted when someone posts?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
101 Posts
Congratulations on your deposit Billy. When you are at the dealer, look for a Velar so that you can interact with the new duo touchscreen. This is one of the major changes for '18 in the L405. The '17 has dedicated climate controls, while the '18 has a multi-function screen. One of the biggest advantages for the '17 would be the dedicated climate controls do not show finger prints as easily as the new '18 screens. The interior and exterior styling changes can be seen online. Please find a youtube video that compares exterior changes well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OhdQqNiSJI Good luck!

·
Banned
107 Posts
Whatever you choose to buy, it is the zenith of Rovers. I bought a 14 YM ATB and it is the best car I have ever owned. Absolutely incredible on and off road. The differences are minutae at this level of luxury, but there are differences. See loads of cars, decide what is important and the way you want to use it. Then spec the out of it and waft about knowing you have invested in the best possible car in the world in its class. Remember to enjoy the thing too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all of the messages - one final question. Will this come with the updated infotainment pro or std and what are the pros and cons? I've read that it can be very clunky the std version and difficult to get the rear screens working and they keep freezing. Thoughts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts