RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Know, most of you would love it if the Auto start/stop never worked, but I like the system. I have to sit at lights for a few mins and it stops me having to put it in Neutral or sitting in Drive. Mine is a 2015 HSE diesel and for the first 12 months it worked normally. I know it dosent come on every time you stop, depends on battery charge, air con on etc, but mine only works if ive driven for about an hour constant, then stopped the car. Next time ive used the car after about half hour it will cut in and out a couple of times. Ive heard there is a second battery or capacitor in boot side panel. Has any one had problems with theirs?
I will bring it up at service interval in March ( im 2 hrs from garage) many thanks `)

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
467 Posts
I Know, most of you would love it if the Auto start/stop never worked, but I like the system. I have to sit at lights for a few mins and it stops me having to put it in Neutral or sitting in Drive. Mine is a 2015 HSE diesel and for the first 12 months it worked normally. I know it dosent come on every time you stop, depends on battery charge, air con on etc, but mine only works if ive driven for about an hour constant, then stopped the car. Next time ive used the car after about half hour it will cut in and out a couple of times. Ive heard there is a second battery or capacitor in boot side panel. Has any one had problems with theirs?
I will bring it up at service interval in March ( im 2 hrs from garage) many thanks `)
Mine was replaced under warranty for a similar situation. It also stays on if it is too cold outside.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,757 Posts
Okay folks, it really is not necessary to turn every post about the start/stop feature into a knuckle dragging hate fest. :naughty:

If you don;t care for the feature, turn it off. If you are unable to answer the topic at hand keep it zipped up unless you have something constructive to add in assistance.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Okay folks, it really is not necessary to turn every post about the start/stop feature into a knuckle dragging hate fest.

If you don;t care for the feature, turn it off. If you are unable to answer the topic at hand keep it zipped up unless you have something constructive to add in assistance.
You're no fun.

·
Registered
92 Posts
This is interesting, as the weather got cold here in the North West, my stop / start stopped working too. I wonder if this is a feature? One nice day last week it worked again. I have got used to it and it really is not that bad, I very rarely switch it off. I am doing around 20 MPG average on my V6, not experimented to see if it is better / worse without using the stop / start, maybe I'll do a DOE!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,757 Posts
Yes, it is disabled at low temps to ensure heat in the cabin and also disabled at extremely high temps to ensure A/C is always available.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got on to the service department, seems its the small battery in the boot R/H side which has failed. They are going to change it at next service.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,757 Posts
Correct, but that is simple common sense. If you are in crawl mode trying to exit a parking garage you don;t need the dang system shutting down at the card gate. Likewise if you are crossing a river in wading mode with an epic, text book perfect bow wave a shut down would be catastrophic. Then again the first scenario would be common place and a nonissue. The second would be a rarity for most RR owners these days. :lol:

·
Banned
30 Posts
A rarity indeed. Up to 50mph and youre good to go on road and about town in high mode, great for three lane town congestions to view over those smaller vehicles ;) Stop start traffic when its rare you get over 50mph.

So not necessarily "common sense" when you look at all scenarios. Just my two pence worth :)

Happy New Year all.

·
Registered
RR Sport
93 Posts
I've seen the system functioning at -20ºC and at +30ºC.
After one minute car turns on again...but I guess it all depends if you have your heated seats and steering on and the inside set temperature. Guess not the same having it at 23ºC as having it at 19ºC ( which is what I always keep in the car). And of course in the summer...no ventilated seats on, etc will helps as well.
What I did notice is that the heating / cooling slows down in intensity, when car shuts off.
And I know there are three factors that must be at ideal temperature in order for the system to work ( stop/start) : battery temperature / charge, engine temperature and coolant temperature. IF ONE of those is not at the "right" temperature , car won't shut off.
As it was mentioned before by other folks, there are all this factors that can change if the system will shut off or not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts