RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
New Sport Owner . I just wanted to pass along a little info I found on the Jaguar F-pace forum . I did do this mod and it works . You have to pull the passenger trunk panel which is easy . If you need help with this I have include a video link that helped me . What you basically have to do is Unplug a wire . Thats it . Super easy .

video of trunk panel removal (fast forward to 6.44 mark)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Solid video and post [B]samostown! Good Job![/B]

Check out my signature line below my posts...

My 14.5' Rover Sport Supercharged... the only effect of deleting/removing the damned Auto Start battery is that "Auto-Start" will no longer impede upon your Rover's performance... make you panic momentarily thinking you've stalled on the free-way... or caused you at least a second added to your 0-60 time (usually most annoying when trying to merge on GA-400 Southbound (Freeway) for me! They should rename this feature to "Auto-Retard" because that is what it does to the driving experience and driving performance!

Also, don't forget to Electrical Tape up both the Positive and Negative "Leads/wires" and Zip-Tie them up and out of the way... I was concerned that if either touch anything else they could pull current or worse, short out and cause a fire for anyone that is doing this Improvement!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ham hands thanks for the reply . On your model I believe you have 2 battery cable connected to an aux battery. On newer Models they removed the aux battery and replace it with what I showed in the pic. Basically a wire you disconnect. A little easier i think than your model. So it was unclear on how to proceed.

as an update when I’m at a stop the start/stop icon appears on the dash showing you the car is suppose to shut off , but it never happens because of the cable being disconnected. so works great

·
Registered
30 Posts
Interesting ideas. Its prob the thing I like least about my 2020 RRS. I just keeping pushing the button to turn it off. We are sure doing this modification won't hurt anything? Wonder if the gas savings would even be noticeable.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ham hands thanks for the reply . On your model I believe you have 2 battery cable connected to an aux battery. On newer Models they removed the aux battery and replace it with what I showed in the pic. Basically a wire you disconnect. A little easier i think than your model. So it was unclear on how to proceed.

as an update when I’m at a stop the start/stop icon appears on the dash showing you the car is suppose to shut off , but it never happens because of the cable being disconnected. so works great
That is wonderful news Samostown on your Rover. And yes, on my 14.5' Rover Sport Supercharged... it has two cable leads that need to be taped up and wrapped up and zip tied out of the way. You did a good "How-To-Tutorial" and posts like yours are what makes this site greater and greater each week that I've noticed in my short 3 months since I've been here. JeepForum.com is the Automobile online forum that I have the most time/experience of 15 years + being on with my old beloved 03' Wrangler Sport that is gone now due to being totaled and rear ended by a lying whiskey tango/loser idiot... But we have a built out and very well loved 15' Wrangler Rubicon. That site has saved me so much money and allowed us to install upgrades and handle problems with so much info and wisdom. Rangerovers.net is becoming just as valuable as "JF" has been to us thanks to those that take time to impart their wisdom here. Thanks again Samostown! It also takes "stones" to get your hands dirty and to do mods that make our Rovers and other vehicles miles better over stock. Good job man!

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
52 Posts
I just unplugged that jack in the trunk and the auto stop/start feature is DISABLED (2016 V8SC Auto
Thanks Team

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad to here it’s working for everyone. I wanted to post an update all is working normal and no side effects that I can tell.

·
Registered
2019 Range Rover Sport SCV8 ATB (L494)
173 Posts
I disabled the Auto Start/Stop today - working fine with no other side effects so far. Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
3 Posts
Hi
New Sport Owner . I just wanted to pass along a little info I found on the Jaguar F-pace forum . I did do this mod and it works . You have to pull the passenger trunk panel which is easy . If you need help with this I have include a video link that helped me . What you basically have to do is Unplug a wire . Thats it . Super easy .

video of trunk panel removal (fast forward to 6.44 mark)

View attachment 284217
Hi to everyone from Australia....After reading this post i tried it on my new 2020 RRS and it works a treat all i did was follow your instructions step by step and all worked out O.K..
Thanks very much for your great work and i will let everyone know in about 3 weeks or so how it is going, so far i can not see anything that is not working as it should.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
281 Posts
An HST has a completely different looking setup behind the side panel. Must be the 48v setup.

·
Registered
2019 Range Rover Sport SCV8 ATB (L494)
173 Posts
I've had a few one-off "quirks" since unplugging the Auto Start/Stop wire: rear lift gate only went up halfway (twice actually) the first day, but has been fine since then; this morning I got in the RRS and after waiting for the idle to drop and putting it in reverse I got a "rear traffic sensors unavailable" message. That went away as well after stopping for gas and restarting the engine.

Hard to tell if these are related to disabling Auto Start/Stop or just the usual Land Rover electronic quirks. I'll assume it's the latter.

·
Registered
2020 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
3 Posts
Hi all its been about 2 weeks that i literally pulled the plug on the auto start /stop and all is going well.
I think everything is working O.K. so far and i hope it stays like that.
If anything changes i will let you know.
I did wrap the plug and socket with electrical tape so it stays secure and safe
Here are a few pics of how it looks with the plug in and out of its socket.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
106 Posts
I read in a separate forum that removing the wire in newer RRS can disable the seat heating function. Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Range Rover sport autobiography
30 Posts
I can confirm that the seat heater still works when unplugging start/stop

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just did this too. The trunk fuse cover was the toughest to get off! I had to go and get a mini crowbar to take it off. Putting it back on was a "snap"! I have not driven my RRS yet but I feel comfortable that it will work for me. Never ever like the Auto/Stop feature that is always on unless you turn it off at the start of the engine.

Thank you, Samostown!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts