Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few weeks ago my auto start/stop function stopped working. When I push the button on the console a message on the dash says "auto start stop unavailable" (or something pretty close to that). I figure the small battery on the passenger side of the trunk is low since VERY occasionally the feature does still work. I have searched the local auto parts stores as well as the local Batteries & Bulbs store with no luck. I can find batteries the same dimensions but with only 12ah where the stock battery is 14ah. I called the Land Rover dealer and they will be glad to sell me a replacement at $375+tax!!! Sounds crazy to me. Anybody have a source for a replacement at a lower price?

I know I get about 10% better mileage with the feature working but at $375 that's a lot of fuel $ before I break even on the battery cost.

Please nobody turn this into a discussion about pros/cons of auto start stop or tell me how I shouldn't have the car if I can't afford the battery. Trust me I have the $ it just seems like blatant price gouging....

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could not find anything on Amazon that looks like the stock battery. I am trying to upload a pic but for some reason it is not working for me. It looks like a motorcycle battery but it has post type terminals. The positive and negative are different sizes. All motorcycle batteries I have found use screw type terminals.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks flyersfan they are much cheaper on ebay and yes buying from the UK is no problem.

trez63 I have the battery on a renaissance charger right now....usually takes 24 hours+ so I will see if that works. The battery is original and its a 2014 model year so its really at the end of it's life

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.