RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few weeks ago my auto start/stop function stopped working. When I push the button on the console a message on the dash says "auto start stop unavailable" (or something pretty close to that). I figure the small battery on the passenger side of the trunk is low since VERY occasionally the feature does still work. I have searched the local auto parts stores as well as the local Batteries & Bulbs store with no luck. I can find batteries the same dimensions but with only 12ah where the stock battery is 14ah. I called the Land Rover dealer and they will be glad to sell me a replacement at $375+tax!!! Sounds crazy to me. Anybody have a source for a replacement at a lower price?

I know I get about 10% better mileage with the feature working but at $375 that's a lot of fuel $ before I break even on the battery cost.

Please nobody turn this into a discussion about pros/cons of auto start stop or tell me how I shouldn't have the car if I can't afford the battery. Trust me I have the $ it just seems like blatant price gouging....

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
I do not usually promote the Amazon route but did you try them? They are not always the cheapest source on everything but if they have it I would be willing to bet that it is cheaper than the stealership. Have a picture of the battery? Just curious as I have never seen one.

Did you try any of the UK based dealerships or Land Rover parts suppliers?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could not find anything on Amazon that looks like the stock battery. I am trying to upload a pic but for some reason it is not working for me. It looks like a motorcycle battery but it has post type terminals. The positive and negative are different sizes. All motorcycle batteries I have found use screw type terminals.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
88 Posts
How is it for you guys in the US to buy from the UK? Found a couple of genuine ones on eBay UK. Search for part number LR047630.
Alternatively send the guys at Duckworth Land Rover an email and see what they can do. They are great for genuine parts, and will also remove UK sales tax for shipping abroad.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
Super easy to buy from the UK. For me anyway. If the item is in stock it is easily 3-5 days. I am on the east coast so that might have something to do with it.

Not sure if they stock them but Lucky 8 and Rovers North might be able to source it also.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks flyersfan they are much cheaper on ebay and yes buying from the UK is no problem.

trez63 I have the battery on a renaissance charger right now....usually takes 24 hours+ so I will see if that works. The battery is original and its a 2014 model year so its really at the end of it's life

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I don't want to do that. It bothers me when cars have features that just no longer work...especially if it's because an owner was just too cheap to do the fix.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I did the search but I did not find anything about removing the second battery (I asked Stuart to disable the feature).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts