RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I find that in auto setting even when I going quite fast the car is not responding as in Dynamic mode, but the manual said that the auto setting will adjust the car setting in base of the speed, acceleration, steering, etc.

In Dynamic mode is a totally different car than in Auto setting when I speed up.

Please share your experience.

Thanks.
GP

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
Exactly as it is suppose to as totya has pointed out. Auto is for daily driving, commuting and is designed for comfort and better fuel economy. Dynamic is for more aggressive driving needing faster throttle response, firmer suspension etc.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys I knew that, but my point is why the manual said that you can leave it in manual and the car will adjust your setting in base of your driving if this will NOT happen.

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
GPS, it is apparent you don't understand the concept behind the autonatic setting. In automatic there ARE adjustments being made, you just don't notice them. Auto is for constantly changing road conditions on a trip. If in winter someone turns onto a slick road the auto setting will handle traction, adjust throttle response for better control, etc. The idea of auto is for things to be automatic, effortless and for you not to have to thing about manual dial settings. ..

If you are driving like AJ Foyt in auto setting thinking it is automatically going to change over to Dynamic handling and throttle response you are very much mistaken. Dynamic is like the old "sport" button on older Range Rovers. Dynamic is for those times when you want a little oomph. Some folks leave it in Dynamic all the time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I wondered about this also. But checked the manual and it says: "The dynamic driving program is a driving style setting, rather than a terrain response setting."

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RRToadHall, got it, thanks.

Still believe that the manual should change the way that they explain how is work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts