RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my vehicle into the dealer for the door latch recall and I noticed that my headlights are on practically all of the time. I keep the selector on the left stalk in "auto" and the car was not doing this before last week.

I was driving directly into the sunrise this morning and the headlights were still on.

Does anyone know where the sensor is located? Is there a calibration that might have been affected? Anyone else see this behavior?

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
209 Posts
The sensor must be on the mirror mount.
I think it is not the sensor, think they changed your setting in general to the permanent running light.

If this is the case, you need to visit them again to change the setting back to the sensor version.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Make sure the portion of the windshield in front of the rear view mirror is free and clear of debris, that's where the rain/light sensor is located. When the sun is still relatively low on the horizon (early mornings or late afternoons) it is very possible the auto headlights may stay / turn on, so check again later n the day. If they fire up regardless of ambient light, dealer may have indeed enabled DRLs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts