RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Yesterday when at the lights, someone opened my wifes passenger door on her L322 Range Rover (2005). Is there an option to have all the doors lock once you start driving like most cars have these days? Perhaps there is an option in the menu through the dashboard?

Thanks

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay so reading the manual it said that the option is called "Dive -away Locking " and has to be activated by a Land Rover Dealer - is this really the case?
Also there is an option to called "Single Point Entry" that just unlocks the drivers door, how do I turn this on, currently when I press unlock all doors unlock?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
It is a selectable feature that can be set at the dealership, or with some available tools such as RSWs All Comms tool. I have the All Comms. It is selectable in the Body Control Module menu under the Change Settings selection, with the option to turn the feature on or off, and to select one of two or three (vehicle) speeds at which the doors will lock.
That said, if there are any communication bus or BCM problems, it may interfere with the auto-locking feature. I've had some sorts of BCM problems on my 2003 that interfered with the alarm system and the auto-lock. I've since found a problem with the rear-left door's window switch that since I've unplugged that switch, the drive-away locking and alarms seem to work fine.
The same goes for the remote locking/unlocking settings - they're also selectable in the BCM menu.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I don't know if this works on the 2005, but for whatever reason it works on my 2007 (though I have not done this in a few years).

When I use the physical key in the physical lock on the driver's door, the key will lock/unlock all doors. Try unlocking the doors with the key, then lock the doors with the key, and turn the key in the locking direction one or two more times. For whatever reason, as I recall, if I turned the key in the door lock in the unlock direction 2 or 3 times, the doors would not lock when I drove away. When I turned the key in the lock direction 2 or three times, the drive-away lock reactivated.

I know this sounds really odd, and I'm not sure it has worked for anyone else, but that's the way mine works. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts