RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mirror looks like it has some gel burned into it. I did a search and found that a couple of other people have had this issue.

It looks like I have a couple options:

1. Somehow open it up, clean it out, and move forward with a non-auto dimming mirror.

2. Replace the mirror. However, I don't know where I can find one. Do I have to go to the dealer?

If you have any thoughts, please let me have them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi lesjonpool -

I'm looking into this as well... Here's what I've found:

A) You could look for a mountable replacement. I've seen some auto stores sell a mountable mirror to elongate the field of view that just goes on top of the existing mirror... just have to find one that fits because most are generally smaller mounts for small japanese car [mirrors].

B) After searching this forum, I called the manufacturer and they lead me to small shop that now sells replacements for $75 (cheaper than ebay).

C) Some model jaguars (sold around the same period) used the exact same mirror and might be found more cheaply on ebay... but it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

D) If you figure out how to clean the liquid out of the mirror, please let me know how! It would be non-dimming, but that's ok with me too... although, the liquid in there could be toxic.

Cheers!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Depending on state laws, which I think GA is fine, you could tint your windows... just an idea.
Eric

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
Howdy folks. You would both benefit from the search function. Replacements are available. I have also posted on a bluetooth/reverse sensor option. By the way, the phone number readout is killer! :thumb:

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
rhino_ed said:
Depending on state laws, which I think GA is fine, you could tint your windows... just an idea.
Eric
Isn't having your cousin as a bride in Georgia "fine" as well? It doesn't make it a good idea. :mrgreen:

Sorry, too easy a target. I'll go back to the garage now. :?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts