RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 introduced the auto lowering to comfort height when parking. I loved this idea as I always have to preselect the button when I'm about to park.

However it seems there's certain conditions that must be met particularly seat belts fastened. Does it work without them on?

Also for those fast exits, does it have enough time to lower between hitting park button and opening door to exit? It's supposed to cancel if a door is opened.

Let me know thanks!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Once the door is opened the vehicle lowers itself to access mode. Weather you are in park or in drive it dont matter as long as the door is opened it lowers. Hope this helped your question.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
interesting!

so it only activates when door is opened which is strange because on the 2014's it actually cancels manually activated lowering for safety reasons!
so do you wait after opening the door for it to lower?
when i open my door i'm already stepping out immediately, would be a little strange to step out while the car is still lowering...

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,154 Posts
I don't wait, it's not noticeable when you open the door. However, if I'm letting the kids out at school I'll be sure to lower the vehicle beforehand at drop off.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
I believe it can be set (hopefully) to not lower also.

I always raise when I am parking and mostly do it without even noticing that I do it.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
I'm like Flyersfan, I use normal height most of the time and off road height for parking. Never use access height, which even for a shorter person (like me), becomes too low if you have the deployable side steps.

·
Registered
321 Posts
If you got deployed steps or fixed steps then not necessary to have your vehicle lower when you exit the vehicle as it will make is more awkward getting out. For vehicles without the steps then access enter and exit works like a charm. I really enjoy this feature alot!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Yup, this feature can be turned off in the settings menu.

If there's one of those parking bumpers, when opening the door I'll hit the up button so that the height stays normal so the front doesn't scrape on it. Rarely I've actually put it in off road height when parked to avoid curbs as well.

Vehicle looks great parked in access mode. I'm so used to seeing it low that whenever I park it in normal it looks "funny" to me. Must be the wheel gap. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
I always raise it up to off road height when parallel parked, which works great with kids/teens who do not pay attention to the curb height and swing the doors open with gusto!

I'm still working on the teens not to slam the doors closed since the ATB has soft door close.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I always raise it up to off road height when parallel parked, which works great with kids/teens who do not pay attention to the curb height and swing the doors open with gusto!
Same here although I trained mine from birth to open doors very carefully (comes from them being backseat passengers in 911s which have long doors). The rest of the time the comfort height is set and works very well. I quite like the stance it leaves the car in. On occasions when I have pulled up and been on the phone or listening to something on the radio too long and it times out it is quite a rude shock when you kind of fall those unexpected few inches onto the pavement.

I'm still working on the teens not to slam the doors closed since the ATB has soft door close.
This is something that really annoys me. Our household has had at least one car with soft close for the last 15 years. It is something that I look for in our daily non sporty drives and yet people do not get it. What really annoys me is people who have it on their own cars who still slam my doors!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts