RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have a 2011 vogue and im looking to upgrade the audio so it has android auto. Guy im dealing with says it needs to be 3rd generation audio. Sent him pic of home screen and he says its 2nd generation so no can do. We both thought it would be 3rd, is there any other way to tell ? Appreciate any help.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Guys start with your speakers, get a Bovee 1000 and then see if you really need to upgrade the head unit. Steering wheel controls work and everything.

Bovee 1000 Bundle with RR iPod Integration Cable Kit for Range Rover, Land Rover, Jaguar Wireless Audio Interface Car Kit for in car iPod Integration Amazon.com: Bovee 1000 Bundle with RR iPod Integration Cable Kit for Range Rover, Land Rover, Jaguar Wireless Audio Interface Car Kit for in car iPod Integration: Top Auto Gadgets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys i have a 2011 vogue and im looking to upgrade the audio so it has android auto. Guy im dealing with says it needs to be 3rd generation audio. Sent him pic of home screen and he says its 2nd generation so no can do. We both thought it would be 3rd, is there any other way to tell ? Appreciate any help.
did you ever make progress on this?

·
Registered
493 Posts
did you ever make progress on this?
+1

I’m sorry I discounted the idea of a new head unit, but with MOST it can be a pain, building a parallel system and all that.

The factory speakers don’t give much in the area of bass response, so if a richer sound is what you are in search of, replacing some of the only components with copper wires seems like less of an undertaking than behind-the-dash work for anyone who doesn’t do that kind of stuff day in and day out.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Hi guys i have a 2011 vogue and im looking to upgrade the audio so it has android auto.
What is your goal, better audio quality, better phone integration, accessing music storage? I assume that you know you can Blue Tooth your Android phone for basic phone functions on the LR screen.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is your goal, better audio quality, better phone integration, accessing music storage? I assume that you know you can Blue Tooth your Android phone for basic phone functions on the LR screen.
Hi it wont bluetooth so hence why i want to upgrade

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have Bovee, which works for bluetooth music, but I would like maps and carplay. Does anyone know if something like this works? Or is there a cheaper one? Says it works up to 2012. You would just have to get behind the dashboard. From there, is it just plugging the right cables?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Maybe phone integration is what Dave is looking for, does an '11 not have it? Streaming with a Bovee and Iphone with MP3 is not great sound. Even with better file formats, Iphones have really downgraded the audio processing in newer phones. Too bad the Ipod is gone, the older ones had some decent signal processing. Personally, I would rather keep phone and music separate. Thinking of trying a high res. portable player in through the AUX port and see how that works.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Maybe phone integration is what Dave is looking for, does an '11 not have it? Streaming with a Bovee and Iphone with MP3 is not great sound. Even with better file formats, Iphones have really downgraded the audio processing in newer phones. Too bad the Ipod is gone, the older ones had some decent signal processing. Personally, I would rather keep phone and music separate. Thinking of trying a high res. portable player in through the AUX port and see how that works.
Highly doubt your analog 3.5mm headphone jack is going to sound noticeably better than an iPod digital connector.

Unless this guy is just sitting on thousands of songs in lossless format ripped from his personal CD collection, all Apple Music songs are 256 Kbps M4A last time I checked my iTunes.

Would really love to tap into that true 5.1 with either DVD audio or SACD. A major miss in this audio system was a “USB iPod” connection. The USB in this once $100k car is only good for mass storage - files and folders. My 2012 Chevy Volt’s USB does that but also lets me control my iPod with steering wheel controls via a USB connection. Sounds remarkably better than streaming.

·
Registered
959 Posts
With my Audi, using my original Ipod (with thousand of ripped lossless files) with an analog connection into the factory Bose system, it sounded remarkably better than using the internal DAC. Plugging an Iphone into the same connection wasn't even close. So I would like to try bypassing the RR digital processing completely with the analog AUX in. Maybe its my personal taste but I find the factory system to sound very digitally manipulated. Something like the Astell & Kern Kann high res player with its fixed unbalanced output into the AUX might sound better. Maybe not.

·
Registered
493 Posts
With my Audi, using my original Ipod (with thousand of ripped lossless files) with an analog connection into the factory Bose system, it sounded remarkably better than using the internal DAC. Plugging an Iphone into the same connection wasn't even close. So I would like to try bypassing the RR digital processing completely with the analog AUX in. Maybe its my personal taste but I find the factory system to sound very digitally manipulated. Something like the Astell & Kern Kann high res player with its fixed unbalanced output into the AUX might sound better. Maybe not.
Are you talking about 3.5mm AUX vs Audi’s MMI?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recommend these guys Spiralaudio: Premium dash kits and harnesses
I believe they make a kit for most all range rovers to be able to retain all factory equipment but be able to install any aftermarket stereo. They are a little pricey but great quality and great customer service. One of the only places that i found for a 03 RR and be able to retain both factory amps, all factory speakers and steering controls with a aftermarket head unit.

Good Luck
Chris

·
Registered
959 Posts
It has bt on the phone but not on the audio.😔
Have you tried a simple Iphone to Aux cable? Not sure if that allows you to BT the phone functions while transmitting audio to the stereo but it would be a simple and cheap experiment. Probably no worse sound quality than BT.

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Navtool makes your touchscreen useless and you have to use a physical tiny clicker to navigate the screen

1 - 20 of 20 Posts