Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What could it be?

Has been happening for weeks now. I drive for a while and the audio shuts off, then resets itself after 15-30 seconds or so and comes back on.

Took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't find any codes when they ran the diagnostics, so they did a software upgrade.

On my way home, the audio crashed again.

This is highly annoying.

·
Registered
624 Posts
what year vehicle?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Couldn't find anything on the 2014's - sorry. I'm still without nav volume and the dealer is at a loss for that as well. Thought you might have had a '17.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@chrisstiann.. I am having the same issue.. did you find a fix for the problem? I saw a code that read improper shutdown… But is still doing it… Thank you for any reply.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
84 Posts
Couldn't find anything on the 2014's - sorry. I'm still without nav volume and the dealer is at a loss for that as well. Thought you might have had a '17.
While using the navigation app through CarPlay, try switching the audio source to radio and then back to CarPlay. For Google maps, Apple Maps and Waze it works in both our JLR cars. This happened after the latest software update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This has happened to me twice in the last month. My Range Rover sport HSE is a 2021. 10 weeks old. I lost my radio, music stick and blue tooth they came back on after 40 minutes and 15 minutes the second time. Also when I switch engine of it makes a light scraping noise for about four seconds. AA coming out tomorrow as dealer can’t do anything for five weeks. Anyone had any of these problems. Disappointing on a 10 week old car with 600 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIV / L405
361 Posts
Mine does this every month or two. I just switch music source and it comes back. Its not frequent enough to care, but thats my fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts