RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
im having a problem getting any sound from my audio satnav, CD player and radio. All look correct on screen apart from the on/off button that is always flashing. My vehicle is a 2005 RR Vogue, first registered December 2005.
if any one can help me I would be very great full.
thanks in advance
Hayden

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,781 Posts
If one of the modules in the fibre optic chain fails it can not repeat the signal it received on to the next module. Most of the time the bluetooth module is one that fails. To test this shut down your Rover, wait several minutes for the GPS unit to shut down... 10 minutes is safe. Disconnect the bluetooth module and pull the two fibre optic cables from their holder. You can purchase a fibre optic butt connector or sacrifice a Bic stick pen and cut a section long enough to firmly get both cable end in but short enough that they are touching.

Start up your Rover. If the bluetooth module was indeed the issue your power button should not be flashing and all other functions should be available and working. If everything else is working fine it's a good time to upgrade your bluetooth module to a newer unit.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,781 Posts
You can use the search function to find the existing write ups on bypassing the module or the threads on upgrading the modules. You can also download RAVE, which is the factory shop manual, to see step by step directions for removing it with pictures/drawings.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,132 Posts
It's in the left (passenger side for you UK folks) rear electronics bay by the tailgate. Its the only module that looks like a mouse hole (rectangular on one end, rounded on the other), usually locate right on top of the electronics stack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts