RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having had static interference on all sources on my car since day 1, 6 months ago, I am now told that "Land Rover Engineering' are working on a fix to be released as a software update in the new year.

They now say that it is a "Known Issue"

My car has been in to two different dealers at least 8 times, for days on end, to supposedly fix the issue
All they do each time is update the software

It is incredible that we are used as guinea pigs testing their vehicles
They should be correct from day one

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,422 Posts
A lot of times radio interference is caused by a bad ground. Not sure how a software fix can remedy that. If they have tried twice, maybe they should look at the hardware.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
It is incredible that we are used as guinea pigs testing their vehicles
They should be correct from day one
In theory yes they should.
In reality Rover's are no different than any other brand, in that issues crop up with new models. Could be a car, semi truck, or anything else. How many updates have new cell fones had to correct "known issues"? Too many to count.
Either get used to it, or buy at least a model year old.

Martin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They were going to swap the amplifier until they decided it was a software problem. I remain to be convinced it is software and not a hardware fault.

QUOTE=383vett;2235032]A lot of times radio interference is caused by a bad ground. Not sure how a software fix can remedy that. If they have tried twice, maybe they should look at the hardware.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,422 Posts
In theory yes they should.
In reality Rover's are no different than any other brand, in that issues crop up with new models. Could be a car, semi truck, or anything else. How many updates have new cell fones had to correct "known issues"? Too many to count.
Either get used to it, or buy at least a model year old.

Martin
Actually, assuming the op has a 2018. the model l494 is now over 4 years old.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, a 2018, but as totya points out the infotainment system is new and has been released way before it is stable and reliably functional

1 - 7 of 7 Posts