RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well audio died... no sound from speakers or GPS.
Checked all fuses, all seem fine.
Reboot batter for 20 mins---no go.

I need to check my amp tomorrow. I read (from searching the site) that it is in the rear near the GPS DVD ROM area. Well I looked there, and it appears I will need a socket set to remove the plastic guard? Is the amp under neath that? where is the exact location of the amp? Will I need any special tools to access it? I want to check to see if there is any water damage on the amp to try and locate the issue... thanks in advance!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rrtoadhall said:
RAVE will have diagrams and instructions. :thumb:
yea I was thinking that.. used to have one.. don't have one anymore though... did a search and google search, came up empty handed... 8~

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rrtoadhall said:
05RR said:
...did a search and google search, came up empty handed... 8~
:shock: It is covered at least once a week in some form on this site.
8~ http://www.landroverresource.com THis is just one of the three sources that came up with a basic search.
well i actually went there and didn't see a RAVE for my year/model 8-0=

·
Registered
748 Posts
no rave for an 06 rr. plus it has the most system and thats a whole different ball game. it can be the audio amp or the telephone or anything else interfering because once the most system goes down all of it goes down.

my bet would be to look in the rear quarterpanel on the driverside and pull out all the modules back there to check for water intrusion. if you got it then replace the affected modules, but before putting them back in their is a water shedder you can order from the dealer. install it and the modules and get them programmed and away you go.

·
Administrator
27,795 Posts
05RR said:
well i actually went there and didn't see a RAVE for my year/model 8-0=
I am really red faced... I could have sworn RAVE covered upto 2006. None the less I know that RAVE for MarkIII will have directions how to get the panels off for access to the amp and radio units in the back.

Now I have to track down my older RAVE files to see where I got them from and what was covered. :oops:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
www.landrovertechinfo.com (aka TOPIx) will allow you to access workshop manuals for your specific model year, including detailed wiring diagrams for MOST interfaces and disassembly / removal of all panels, amps, modules, etc. Also, copies of TSBs, bulletins, recalls, etc., are all in there. You need to register and there is a fee involved (daily access for one model / model year was about $15 for 24 hours the last time I checked), but well worth it since you can download and print all you want while your subscription is valid.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys, much appreciated... will sub to that site tomorrow or Monday and keep you all posted... as always this site is so helpful its not funny.. :thumb:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The boss said:
before putting them back in their is a water shedder you can order from the dealer. install it and the modules and get them programmed and away you go.
Hrm.. interesting.. what exactly is a water shedder and how much is this ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just to update this problem... that has been causing me grief for well over 2 months now.. FIXED!

after 2 hours of work, I got the whole audio/nav working again :dance: ...

Basically, I unplugged all the components in the rear ... turned ON the radio and connected them all... and VOILA, it worked... I did not expect this at all and was about to remove the in-dash display unit and check for a blown mini fuse (funny enough there was no fuse in the radio module of my 06' HSE Vogue. I figure a wire got bumped out of a component during transport or over a bump... I am so happy that this happened, as it really feels great saving $1200 for a new amp or possibly a new GPS/Amp+Module, could be well over $3000 at the end of the day + labor costs!

Funny thing is, last week, I actually removed all the components and cleaned them off w/ electrical cleaner and inspected all the units/wiring, etc and nothing worked...Just for the heck of it, I tried this method, as I read this on another forum, so I recommend for anybody encountering this problem, to actually TURN on the radio while re-resembling the leads back onto the amp, nav/radio module, etc... you might just get lucky :) No idea why this worked or if it was pure luck, but if somebody else on another forum had luck using this method, suffice to say it happened like this for a reason!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
05RR said:
The boss said:
before putting them back in their is a water shedder you can order from the dealer. install it and the modules and get them programmed and away you go.
Hrm.. interesting.. what exactly is a water shedder and how much is this ?
Just to answer this question: basically nothing but a glorified trash bag for keeping water off the nav electronics (not kidding). (Or for any other possible German/Americans and in honor of the NBA championship - that was No Witz ki :oops: )

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL

well thankfully I saw no indication that water was leaked into the area (ie. no corrosion or dampness/mold)... so I think for now I'll pass on that shedder. It is still is interesting to me that a wire would randomly come lose and cause such a problem.

·
Registered
144 Posts
im having a simular problem...but i have no power going to the nav or the radio.....which part in the rear did you open up...in the cargo area? thanks..its driving me nuts.....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dmljohnson said:
im having a simular problem...but i have no power going to the nav or the radio.....which part in the rear did you open up...in the cargo area? thanks..its driving me nuts.....
yup, on the left hand side, the rear compartment. What is your issue basically though? Maybe I can chime in.. `8)

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
9 Posts
I have this exact same issue. I have moved down a similar trouble shooting path, checking all fuses, disconnecting the battery. When you say that you turn the radio ON, how did you do that? My radio will not react at all. Essentially, every button/nob in the navigation cluster appears dead.

I will try unplugging everything in the rear compartment on the drivers side. I have the same level of confusion/frustration right now. I have spent a lot of time searching on this issue...not having my luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this exact same issue. I have moved down a similar trouble shooting path, checking all fuses, disconnecting the battery. When you say that you turn the radio ON, how did you do that? My radio will not react at all. Essentially, every button/nob in the navigation cluster appears dead.

I will try unplugging everything in the rear compartment on the drivers side. I have the same level of confusion/frustration right now. I have spent a lot of time searching on this issue...not having my luck.
hey mate how did you go I have the exact same issue!

·
Registered
2007 L322 4.2L SC
16 Posts
No power what so ever to the nav and radio...all fuses are good under glove box...
I had the same problem and ended up being head unit. Replaced that and works but now have no sound. No I've gotta figure that out.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts