RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I ordered from Amazon what was listed as Vista Pro 399910 Heater Core, the picture showed a core with soldered copper tanks which is what I wanted.

When the core arrived today it has plastic tanks on it :shock:

I contacted the suppler and they will arrange a return and credit but as I live in Australia I am going to take a hit on the return postage

So my question is are the plastic tank Audi cores OK or do they have issues?

Thanks
Steve

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
The only issue I found with the plastic one, was that the hose nipples only had the a raised area on half of the nipple. When putting the hose over the nipple and clamping down with hose clamps, they leak where the raised area was missing.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I am here in Hawaii, which is treated an an "International" shipping situation by many....
with Amazon, I have found that if you INSIST that they send a call tag with the shipping pre paid, they always have for me.
Since what they sent you was NOT what you ordered, it is no fault of yours.
Do not let them get away with the bait and switch rip off ploy.
Suggest they change the photo as well.

There must be some clever clip and o ring arrangement if the spigot rim is only part way round?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only issue I found with the plastic one, was that the hose nipples only had the a raised area on half of the nipple. When putting the hose over the nipple and clamping down with hose clamps, they leak where the raised area was missing.
Hi Scotty

Just checked and this one is the same, so it's going back!

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am here in Hawaii, which is treated an an "International" shipping situation by many....
with Amazon, I have found that if you INSIST that they send a call tag with the shipping pre paid, they always have for me.
Since what they sent you was NOT what you ordered, it is no fault of yours.
Do not let them get away with the bait and switch rip off ploy.
Suggest they change the photo as well.

There must be some clever clip and o ring arrangement if the spigot rim is only part way round?
Thanks mate I will make sure they pay return shipping!

I see you have a couple of Austin Champs, they are are quite a beast :)

Steve

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Absolutely insist they pay for return shipping. THis is not a case of changing your mind. THis is a case of wrong item sent. Entirely on them to handle the transaction. Most likely they receive much better shipping rates so they can email a label much cheaper than you hoofing down to the post office and paying counter charges.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Thanks mate I will make sure they pay return shipping!

I see you have a couple of Austin Champs, they are are quite a beast :)

Steve
Yep! The Champs were the thin end of the wedge for me.... (or the first point of infection) My first car...1975 still have it....Now I don't own any vehicle that is not British! (Including An Waveney Class Lifeboat!)
Did not intentionally set out to do this, I blame pirated Monty Python video tapes and an loosely supervised youth! :dance:

Anyway, as Toadie says, do not allow them to have you pay shipping back!
Cheers!

Oh, wrenching on the Champ has made me fearless about working on all other forms of machine!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,218 Posts
I've got a plastic tank one in mine and its been ok the last few years. Had to nip the hose clamps up once after a few months as there were a couple of drios, but been dry ever since.

I agree though, and if you are sending it back, they should be paying the return shipping as it is their error in sending the incorrect item.

Marty

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm using the plastic tank too and mine is fine so far (6 months). Mine must be different to Scotty's tank as mine had the raised bit all the way around.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Hey, Scotty, How much for an all Aluminum heater core??

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
hmmmm :think:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Heck, it's just a wee Radiator after all...How hard could it be?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts