Range Rovers Forum banner

ATB VS Supercharged

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  totya 
#1 ·
For 2018, the cost delta (in Canada) for similarly equipped vehicles is not insignificant. As close as I can see it, softer seat leather - leather on roof - superior stereo - some color details and nuances...so simple question is to ATB owners who have closely compared with OR owned equipped SC, do you feel you got good value for the upgrade which - on my build anyway - is approximately $ 20,000 Can. Why/ what made it worth it - or not.

BTW...this will be the first vehicle same make and model that I have leased back to back (3.5 years) - which speaks to my satisfaction with my L405 although I will change the color! :).

Thanks for your input.

#3 ·
After driving a '15 Supercharged for a year and a half, I'm in a 2017 ATB right now and going for a Supercharged '18. The leather is nicer, the exec seats are nice, the stereo is super awesome, the other subtle differences are great - but I'll answer your question 3 months into the ownership of the '18, when I'd be able to tell whether I miss these things enough to justify a '19 ATB. Currently, I'm not entirely sure. Not sure if it helps, but I wanted to put this in here to let you know that you're not alone with this question.

#6 ·
I was originally planning on going atb, but couldn't make sense of the difference. It was about a $25k difference and the only thing that was really different between the two was a little more leather and the sound system. I feel like the atb and atb s/v should be merged into one, I can see paying $30k or so more for an atb s/v over a non atb. But I don't feel like I am getting enough right now to jump to an atb let alone an atb s/v. The price difference between the atb and atb s/v makes much more sense to me for what you get. Not complaining about the current lineup, just personal opinion.

#7 ·
So from a '17 ATB ($145k) to a well optioned '18 SCV8 ($121k), first impressions - no, I don't think I got that sort of a value from the ATB upgrade. Will follow up after a couple of thousand miles.

#8 ·
About 3500 miles. I still miss nothing of the Autobiography - I'm perfectly fine in the SCV8. The price difference to me wasn't worth it.

#11 ·
I listen to sirius and ipod (itunes) music.
I can hear hardly any difference between the two systems.

(disclaimer: old heavy metal fan here)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.