RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new Sport today, 3 days early. Ordered in August, October 31 build date, arrived to Austin 12/5. Overall, I absolutely love it! Seeing it in the metal, I'm very happy with the two decisions I agonized over the most: deleting the contrast roof, and going with the wheel style from the FF ATB. I also worried that I might not like the two tone tan and ebony interior but fortunately it turned out just fine to my eyes and suits the Sport look.

Now for a few pictures!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few more pics… Mildly disappointed to see the use of plastic on the lower doors (ordered ATB without seeing one first and salesperson was unclear on the exact extent of additional leather trim so I was hoping it might be full leather).

·
Registered
306 Posts
Congrats and very nice looking. How did you get those wheels on a sport. Did you pay extra for them?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Really nice build. The rims - are they 22s? How did you order those?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats and very nice looking. How did you get those wheels on a sport. Did you pay extra for them?
Thanks, gq! Unfortunately, I had to buy them outright through the parts department. It wasn't possible to order them on the build. For the factory order, I spec'd 20" wheels (smallest option available) and will use those for off road trails on our annual summer trip to Colorado.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Nice Move. Those wheels are really nice. I wanted them on my truck but dealer wanted $8k. Your AB is sweet. I just wished LR would offer the painted lower sills on all models.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Added larger pics to my gallery. Is there a way to embed larger images in a post here? I added these images as links to 1280x1024 images on my own server and unchecked the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box. The forum software seems to be copying them locally and downsizing even though I unchecked the box.

Really nice build. The rims - are they 22s? How did you order those?
Thank you. Birdie3. Yes, they are one of the 22" options for the FF ATB, Style 7 Diamond Turned. I ordered the wheels through Parts-- couldn't get them on the factory build for a Sport.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Congrats!!

The duo-tone interior really looks good and stand out.

Fuji White looks good, also my original choice, but end up with Corris Grey.

It looks very clean. Nice xmas present.

-ThinkMac-

·
Registered
275 Posts
Exactly how I built my 15 Sport ATB, I except I went with the black roof. Just like you, I've gone back and forth about it. Now thats it too late to change it, I decided of course I should of went with the white roof. Once I see it in person maybe I'll feel different. I can always paint the roof! I also bought a style of Style 7 wheels for it. Great minds and all that... I also noticed that my last name is also in your user id. Long lost brother?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Exactly how I built my 15 Sport ATB, I except I went with the black roof. Just like you, I've gone back and forth about it. Now thats it too late to change it, I decided of course I should of went with the white roof. Once I see it in person maybe I'll feel different. I can always paint the roof! I also bought a style of Style 7 wheels for it. Great minds and all that... I also noticed that my last name is also in your user id. Long lost brother?
I actually liked the Fuji white w/ the contrast roof. My wife didn't though so we went w/ Ebony all together. In regards to the door sills - it would be nice for a vehicle w/ this price to come w/ the matching door sills. That's also a reason we went w/ the ebony. (And I'm aware you can have the sills painted). The plastic sills remind me of the original Gand Cherokee's from the 90s.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
475 Posts
Those wheels look great! I've got the same interior ordered with a black exterior.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Looks amazing!
Congrats

·
Registered
275 Posts
I actually liked the Fuji white w/ the contrast roof. My wife didn't though so we went w/ Ebony all together. In regards to the door sills - it would be nice for a vehicle w/ this price to come w/ the matching door sills. That's also a reason we went w/ the ebony. (And I'm aware you can have the sills painted). The plastic sills remind me of the original Gand Cherokee's from the 90s.
Oh i didn't even notice that at first glance on his vehicle. Yep, for 15 now you can have black roof with white sills, which is how I ordered it. I feel like the black sills on a white vehicle make it look a bit small.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh i didn't even notice that at first glance on his vehicle. Yep, for 15 now you can have black roof with white sills, which is how I ordered it. I feel like the black sills on a white vehicle make it look a bit small.
Looks great. (Although I am more than a little biased towards Fuji). It does seem you would get a bit more leather with the AB, but the additonal color options (particularly your choice) is a nice step up. The upgrade from the mushy, pleather dash in my SC is also a nice improvement. I am confused on the black sills, I thought painted was standard on the AB. I've never seen an AB without. That was the biggest plus of the AB in my mind and wish was an option on the SC. photo.JPG DSC00412 (2).jpg

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm sorry but the brown wood conflict with the rest of the interior.
Looks great. (Although I am more than a little biased towards Fuji). It does seem you would get a bit more leather with the AB, but the additonal color options (particularly your choice) is a nice step up. The upgrade from the mushy, pleather dash in my SC is also a nice improvement. I am confused on the black sills, I thought painted was standard on the AB. I've never seen an AB without. That was the biggest plus of the AB in my mind and wish was an option on the SC. View attachment 102074 View attachment 102082

·
Registered
263 Posts
Looks great. (Although I am more than a little biased towards Fuji). It does seem you would get a bit more leather with the AB, but the additonal color options (particularly your choice) is a nice step up. The upgrade from the mushy, pleather dash in my SC is also a nice improvement. I am confused on the black sills, I thought painted was standard on the AB. I've never seen an AB without. That was the biggest plus of the AB in my mind and wish was an option on the SC.
In Europe painted sills / rocker panels are only for ATBs. MY2014 you automatically got painted sills if you chose a contrast roof (non painted sills were a no cost option). MY 2015 painted sills are available as a no cost options also for those without a contrast roof, but again only for ATB.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm sorry but the brown wood conflict with the rest of the interior.
Obviously to each their own, but I could not disagree more. I like my wood to look like real wood and I find metal trim, fake metal, carbon fiber, shiny black, etc to be "cheesy". Of course the customization is one thing that makes Land Rover so nice. Apparently I'm not alone in my love of wood...

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
I love wood interior and I have the grand black interior. I meant the specific woo trim you choose does not fit with the reset of the interior.
Obviously to each their own, but I could not disagree more. I like my wood to look like real wood and I find metal trim, fake metal, carbon fiber, shiny black, etc to be "cheesy". Of course the customization is one thing that makes Land Rover so nice. Apparently I'm not alone in my love of wood...

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
My RR order, Scotia with Cirrus/Ebony, would have also looked good with the black trim, but like TNBound I like the wood trims. The Holland and Holland photo above shows I'm not alone in the choice of wood and of CHROME! :D I don't like the whole blacked-out trend and I'm getting the wheels that come with the ATB Black Edition because they are more chrome-like and will go well with the Scotia. I might also get some of the exterior trim pieces that are available in a chrome finish in The ATB Black Edition and add them to my RR ATB, so I'll have a sprinkling of chrome around the RR. Local LR dealer has an ATB Black edition and I need to go look at those exterior trim pieces in person to see if they are worth buying and installing, hard to tell from the online photos.

Also you don't get a huge amount of choices on the wood. TNBound is your interior Ivory? If so the photo isn't doing the Ivory or the wood any justice, they look quite different in person.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts