RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello comrades,

More pointless & useless information for all....

So, you may recall my endeavors from several months back to obtain the first 2010 RRS (at least in my area). Well, it did arrive in August however all didn't go exactly to plan:

As you know dealers were getting "display" models in August and my dealer simply ordered there's to my specifications - Santorini Black, Ebony Interior, Angrie wood, LUX pkg, Contrast Stitch, Style 4 wheels & Sirius. And when it came in they said I could take it the way I did my 2009 FX. Long story short it didn't come with the contrast stitching so I didn't take it - the new "re-order" should arrive in December.

December you say? Yes and here's why:
(Allegedly)There is an upgrade to the TFT display effective from September 2009 production. This includes an update to display radio/CD info and redundant arrows when using the Navigation. According to my dealer the model I ordered did not have this feature. Now, I never took it on a test drive so I couldn't confirm the arrows but it did not bring up CD info in the TFT display. Of course it didn't matter since I REALLY want the contrast stitching.

Anyhoo, my dealer (Monterey Rolls Royce Jaguar Land Rover) said if I wanted to be certain I had this "update" they would place my order for an October production hence the December delivery. Of course the above is not based on any hard or confirmed details. I'm very loyal to my dealer but the info they provided me pre & post this order I found to be "iffy" at best.

So if you're as insanely anal as I am (most aren't) you may want to confirm these items are available before you purchase and/or make sure the one you purchase has a September 2009 production date or beyond. :thumb:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
As mentioned on another thread, the surround cameras (don't think you ordered those, no?) are also delayed "indefinitely", due to apparent manufacturing problems. Those may not come until next year.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,470 Posts
CA-SPORT said:
Hello comrades,

Long story short it didn't come with the contrast stitching so I didn't take it - the new "re-order" should arrive in December.

Of course it didn't matter since I REALLY want the contrast stitching.
This has got to be one of the funniest posts ever, and man, I feel for you on the delay.....but aren't you the same guy who also puts a towel down on your seat and the passenger's as well...so wouldn't you in effect be covering up your beloved contrasted stitching????

:D :D :D

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
umbertob said:
As mentioned on another thread, the surround cameras (don't think you ordered those, no?) are also delayed "indefinitely", due to apparent manufacturing problems. Those may not come until next year.
That is very interesting - you're right, I didn't order it but I had not heard it was delayed (albeit I'm not surprised). :think:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PJPR01 said:
This has got to be one of the funniest posts ever, and man, I feel for you on the delay.....but aren't you the same guy who also puts a towel down on your seat and the passenger's as well...so wouldn't you in effect be covering up your beloved contrasted stitching????

:D :D :D
You have a good memory - yes, I am "that guy" who needs therapy! :?

Here's something else you may find amusing: When I delivered my 2008 RRS to the guy in L.A. who bought it, I was very eager to show him the special material I purchased to sit on that matched the Ivory interior - he could not get away from me fast enough! :shock:

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
:lol: I've got some Leatherique Prestine Clean that I'm dying to try out on my Ivory seats. I'll do a write up when I get to it.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,470 Posts
Amusing indeed...made for a good laugh this morning.

On a more serious note, i've found that the LR seat covers I've had on for years now have really done their job on preserving the alpaca leather nicely. What with all the dirt roads, sand from the beach etc...I think they would have been showing major signs of wear by now without the covers.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,470 Posts
Amusing indeed...made for a good laugh this morning.

On a more serious note, i've found that the LR seat covers I've had on for years now have really done their job on preserving the alpaca leather nicely. What with all the dirt roads, sand from the beach etc...I think they would have been showing major signs of wear by now without the covers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts