RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about 10 days ago I was hit by a teen driver coming around a corner hot with a wet roadway. I saw her losing control and positioned my RR on the right shoulder best I could while slowing down but she plowed right into me and pushed me into an embankment before bouncing off. It all happened very fast. Bent the frame and insurance totaled my 2017 L405 SC. So while I am awaiting their final offer I am looking for my next RR. Found a nice 2020 with 11k miles and optioned to my liking. It has the Aruba metallic exterior color which I have never seen. Car is over 500 miles away so looking for some insight. Has anyone seen the Aruba color in the wild and can have an opinion? Appreciate any input.

Thanks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
It’s a nice golden metallic hue of a color that can appear as a very light gold or slightly darker depending on how the lighting is.

It’s one of a small amount of colors that my wife really likes and wanted but we couldn’t find a RR that met our criteria at the time we purchased our 2018.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I like what I see in pictures just not sure about the gold undertone. I like greys and silvers. Some pics make it look off what where others much darker. It has the atlas trim in dark grey which really seems to set it off nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Aruba definitely looks like a light gold metallic in person.

My neighbor a few houses away has an Aruba rover, I will try to take a real-world picture and post for you.

If you don’t like the gold, the good news is that there are plenty of other grey and silver shades available and from my experience they are more common than Aruba gold so there may be more inventory to choose from.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Here is a pic below that I just shot of an Aruba RR that my neighbor has, unfortunately I couldn’t get a good photo in full sunlight. But hopefully it is a tad helpful.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appreciate the help guys. The car is rigged exactly how I would order. When I hear Gold hue I cringe yet I haven't seen a pic yet I don't like. The one above looks great. When you guys see the Aruba color in the wild what is your first thought? This car has the straight walnut trim inside which I really like.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I agree, when I hear gold I cringe but when you see it in person it’s really nice. That said, it’s highly personal so I wouldn’t buy a car when I had not seen the color in person.

·
Registered
518 Posts
IMO Aruba looks better in pics than in the flesh

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IMO Aruba looks better in pics than in the flesh
Thank you. I think I am going to keep hunting. West Coast inventory is sure tough. Especially a V8 with tow package and wood trim.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pulled the trigger on a 2020 Yulong White P525. Flying to Cali on Saturday to pick it up and drive home.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Congrats! I love Yulong white :) definitely post pictures when you have it. And maybe even pics of your accident if that's possible. Not everyday we get to see these get creamed.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yulong 👍

I never get how ppl can buy vehicles sight unseen though. I guess I’m OCD and have to see it in the flesh

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yulong

I never get how ppl can buy vehicles sight unseen though. I guess I’m OCD and have to see it in the flesh
For me, being in New Mexico where there's not any and wanting the perfect used one the odds of seeing one first just wasn't going to happen. Especially not in a pandemic.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yulong 👍

When I was unable to find a 2018 to 2020 locally that fit my needs I realized upon expanding my search that I needed to go new for that very reason. Buying new out of state was a smooth process. Car was less than a month old from coming into Port. When I arrived it was detailed and awaiting my arrival in their delivery bay. Had a thousand mile drive home and stopped along to check on my niece who is away at school and a bit further North played golf with a buddy. Enjoyed the last bit of warm weather as I continued North. Overall it was a great trip and am very happy with how the car is optioned out and the color choices. Well worth the effort.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts