RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fellas- I got a 2 foot crack going vertically on the driver's side of my 08 RR. I am being told to go with OEE (original equp equivalent) as it is just as good as the OEM. I am also being quoted ~$1400 8-0= 8-0=

any insight here? is there a better place than Safelite to get a better value and OEM instead of the OEE? thanks for the feedback.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Dealer replacement on my neighbours MarkIII was $2200 this summer. Fortunately he has a low glass deductible. Also be prepared to leave the rig all day for cure time for the adhesive. Many places will not mention that when quoting.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
31 Posts
Something flew off the back of a dump truck and hit my windshield right underneath the wiper blade and caused a verticle crack about 18 inches tall on my 2004 RR HSE. Any one have any recomendations for a good windshield repair company? and how much they have paid, thank you.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Rifat said:
Something flew off the back of a dump truck and hit my windshield right underneath the wiper blade and caused a verticle crack about 18 inches tall on my 2004 RR HSE. Any one have any recomendations for a good windshield repair company? and how much they have paid, thank you.
That will not be repaired, it will be replaced.

·
Registered
2007 HSE
388 Posts
Speedy Glass in Seattle and Portland did an online quote for $555.49 for windshield replacement on a 2004 Land Rover Range Rover. But in the Chicago area it's $1,490.56. In San Jose = $575.49. Phoenix = $437.66. Denver = $500.03. Santa Fe = $479.58. Helena, MT = $459.58.

Safelite is another company, but wanted to schedule an appointment (online) to give me a dollar amount.

Autoglass Guru does online quotes.

Another I looked at said price varies, so call local installer... (http://www.glass.net)

I don't know where you're located, but it's worth it to call around or do online quotes for your area.

FWIW, I'd always heard $2500 for the windshield replacement. I did the Speedy Glass quote for a 2007 (mine) and I'm hoping that includes the wires for the heated windshield and provision for the windshield wiper sensor...

Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in Seattle and will call around tomorrow and post results. Funny part is that I called the stealer and they quoted the same price as Safelite and they said it was OEM Rover windshield that would be installed by a glass compoany and not them :!:

Thanks for the feedback guys

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
That is some expensive glass :shock:

My right rear quarter glass was shattered few weeks ago... apparently the windshield costs a lot more. Fortunately I have $0 deductible glass coverage. I do not recommend safelite (long story).

·
Registered
300 Posts
insurance wont cover it?? mine was chipped in florida and it is mandatory that the ins cover it, maybe your laws are diff. 8-0=

·
Registered
121 Posts
I live in Florida and just picked up my 06 RR today after getting the windshield replaced. They put a brand new factory 2010 windshield and I paid $0 for it.

I wonder, is there any difference (acoustic or otherwise) in the 06 windshield compared with the 2010?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
31 Posts
Anyone suggest a good windshield company. Need to replace my windshield and i live in Southern California. I have a 2004 RR HSE that has the rain sensors. I got one quote that was way to high (950 and i felt like that was a rip off) and was wondering how much i should expect to pay.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Rifat said:
Anyone suggest a good windshield company. Need to replace my windshield and i live in Southern California. I have a 2004 RR HSE that has the rain sensors. I got one quote that was way to high (950 and i felt like that was a rip off) and was wondering how much i should expect to pay.

I just had SafeLite put in the OEM glass into my 06 RRSC here in Southern Ca. They are one of two installers that Land Rover Mission Viejo uses. They orignally told me that I had to use OEM Eqivilant glass, but I held my ground and got brand new OEM Land Rover Glass. The bill was around $1500 bucks, but I paid $0...gotta love good insurance!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts