RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

At max extension of the rear axle the ARNOTT air spring is at a very nervous angle to it's piston to the extent that it could push it out if the lower pin is lost or broken or if a sudden bump after full extension I fear it might break the locating pin at the bottom.

Is there any way of fixing this angle?

If I have a wedge shaped spacer machined and insert it to correct the angle to at least more acceptable angles at full extension, does it create problems at say access level?

I have a picture but can't get it to show in the post here :?

CRV.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
I've got something in the works....

and yes, without the R clip it can fall out and cause major grief (ask how I know....) but you won't damage it, unless you have longer shocks/height sensors..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shupack said:

but you won't damage it, unless you have longer shocks/height sensors..
Hi Dennis,

I am having shocks made to maximise the use of the ARNOTT bags so yes I will have longer shocks.
Still looking for an easy sensor mod.

I measured the required shock length at the rear to maximise the use of the Arontt bags which are:
12" collapsed and 20" extended (remember the rear shock is at an angle which reduces the travel requirement.)

For the front the shock is upright and easy to calculate.
Stock shock is 13" collapsed plus the Arnott travel (9" possible) giving 22" extended.

Your rebuild kit was perfect, thanks!

Cheers,
CRV.

·
Legacy Vendor
341 Posts
I guess it also depends on what sort of lift you have... I have a 2" suspension lift and Arnot Gen III's on my P38A and a modified shock setup...
At the rear, Bilsteins (from front): open=21", closed=13.3"
At the front: Bilsteins for 80 seies LandCruiser revalved: open=24.4", closed=15.4"

Cheers, Paul.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,365 Posts
shupack said:

and yes, without the R clip it can fall out and cause major grief (ask how I know....) but you won't damage it, unless you have longer shocks/height sensors..
I'll be in that - when will it appear?

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Pivoting plate with a built in spring to keep tension on the bag base?....Already thought about it and that's what I came up with. Would not break anywhere near as easily, provide a little free lift, and support the airbag a whole lot more.
just my .02 as per the norm....

Martin

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
leftlanetruckin said:
Pivoting plate with a built in spring to keep tension on the bag base?....Already thought about it and that's what I came up with. Would not break anywhere near as easily, provide a little free lift, and support the airbag a whole lot more.
just my .02 as per the norm....

Martin
MUCH simpler than that, actually most of the delay is schedule, not product development. Should be about $15. If I get enough clammoring I'll put it higher on my priority list.

I'm actually wondering if it's a sellable product it's so simple, my original plan was to put it as part of an entire lift kit, springs, spacers, HS extensions, brake line extensions (actually the lines are long enough, a quick mod to the mounts is all that's needed for a small lift) etc...

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Well, ye got me wondering Dennis :wink:
As always, if ye need hand etc, give me a shout!
Still not home, but the sliders WILL get done, promise.

Martin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts