Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,808 Posts
gbrown3622 said:
Tore the passengers side rear lower quarter panel off! Any idea how much to replace rear bumper cover?
Off your car or your daughter's car?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,808 Posts
Will it clip back into place with a bit of judidicous heating with a hair dryer?

·
RIP Our Friend
27,833 Posts
I bet there's a hair dryer in his daughter's car.

Seriously, you want a new bumper for that? A couple clips and a light respray at the body shop. Unless the pic is not showing all the damage.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,833 Posts
I'd be more worried about the gouge out of the wheel than the scratch in the bumper paint. Either way they are both easily repaired.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Yeah if that panel is not cracked its easily repaired. I would do that. Much cheaper than a new one. Unless you can find a cheap one in a junkyard.

Did you have the beep-beep beeeeeeep turned off or something?

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
258 Posts
Don't feel too bad, I backed into my GF's car with my full size RR. My car was in the garage and hers was in the driveway, due to the angle and the cars location I managed to scrape my bumper, crack the rear tail light, and damage some of the body work. Her car was a little chrysler crossfire and I destroyed the drivers door, mirror and handle. Beep beep beep did not go off until impact (go figure), and what a wonderful day that was...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok with a little manuvering, jiggling, a zip lock tie and some serious cussing got it clipped back in. Looks like I can get it repaired without to much trouble. Goosey I guess since I was leaving at about 3:30AM I thought the beep beep was the alarm clock not the proximity alarm! Does anyone know where to get the stock wheels smoothed out?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2013 RS, 2017 FFRR
4,532 Posts
I think there's a service called Mobile Wheel repair.com or something to that effect...they do it at your house and usually runs about 100-125 I think per wheel.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
PJPR01 said:
I think there's a service called Mobile Wheel repair.com or something to that effect...they do it at your house and usually runs about 100-125 I think per wheel.
Yes,
http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/

If they can't do it at your house---some areas they won't let commercial work like this in a residential area, then believe it or not my LR dealer does it for only $25/wheel more, so also check with your dealer. The wheel guy is like ~$100, LR is $125. I find it convenient to use the dealer and get it done with the servicing. If you're not using the dealer anymore, ask the mobile guy when he's at any dealer near you and then make the arrangements through that dealers service dept. You can usually drop it there and pick it up when its done. Your wheel will look like new.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That doesn't look too bad. I did the same thing to my 2010 rrs autobiography offroading lol. You can snap the sides back in and you broke a tab on the front of the bumper like I did. Just but epoxy plastic weld and you can fix that. Plus more likely you broke some brackets on the bottom of the bumper. Again plastic epoxy weld will fix that. When I caught my bumper I broke all brackets on the bottom and both sides in the front of the bumper. After getting a quote for $2500 for a bumper cover I just fixed mine myself. It's just as solid as factory.
Fix it yourself. Trust me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.