Range Rovers Forum banner

Are these estimates look decent guys?

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Roman D 
#1 ·
I brought my 2013 RRS Ab for some issues, suspension creaking noise, rear hatch getting stuck, and under hood matt was eaten away by a squirl. Do the rear brakes 4 to 5 mm ok to drive for 3 to 6 months. Your input is appreciated, thank you.

Text Font Line

See less See more
#3 ·
#4 ·
Domex is dead on, takes about 5 minutes to remove the old one and 10 minutes to install the new one.

Asfar as all that other stuff, hard to say without any back story. Chances are your tailgate just needs an alignment.
They are quoting pads and rotors when your rotors are mostly perfectly fine.
Do your brakes with an indie for considerably less.
$370 to repair a wire at a connector is a joke.
$200 for a 4 wheel alignment is a joke as well.

The bushing work can be a difficult job... still sounds expensive, even for a dealer. Get a second opinion from an indie and you you will most likely see that bill cut in half with doing the hood pad and tailgate alignment yourself.

#5 ·
Thank you, I will!

#6 ·
Zero...those prices look pretty inflated to me...ironically the one that is not is the 4 wheel alignment. Even a Firestone or NTB will charge $170 for a 4 wheel alignment.

Do you not have a local Indy shop to use...you're paying I'd guess 50% more than you need to here...

#8 ·
Nationwide forums aren't that great with pricing. Those prices seem very good for a dealership, less than around here. Higher than an indy shop, but not absurd for most of it.

The wiring repair is difficult to do correctly on the LR. Rear brakes at 5mm have some life left, but will wear quickly if you drive spiritedly. There really isn't much of one, but you might be able to get a discount for some overlap with the front control arms and sway bar bushings.

Exactly what is wrong with your tailgate? Getting stuck going up or not opening at all? Why was the oil low?

#9 ·
The last time I took mine in for an Oil change the Tech found some wires which had been chewed by a Rhodent. $300.

Apparently, Laundry Dryer sheets stuffed into the engine Bay and changed monthly deters them.

#10 ·
Thank you guys for all your help. I decided to do the bushings only. I will bring it to a local indie for the rest. As to the low oil, the last oil change was done in January, it was lower than expected even then, they did tell me there were no oil leaks under the engine, someone didn't fill it from the beginning? And I'll live with the trunks gremlins for now.

#12 ·
No, when I click to open, it opens and then locks back. See the video.

I'ts been ok in the summer, I think when it's cold it does it more, I did spray some oil, it helped.

#13 ·
Thats Crazy!!!
Rear sway bar bushings are easier than front ones, no specific tools needed, no specific superskills either, OEM bushings are about 40 EA, descent indy can do it, 1.0-1.5 hrs. Fronts cost about the same just more work, 3hrs for both, tops.
The whole front lower control arms are $325ea, thats with all new bushings, ball joint, etc., eccentric bolt kit is like $20each, takes about an hour to replace, it is literally 2 bolts to the frame, ball joint and one bolt that connects LCA with airstrut.
Check FCPEuro.com and AtlanticBritish.com for prices, this way you don't have to check with us on every repairquote. For what it worth, if you order everything up and come to Brooklyn, my indy did my 2009 RRS SC's whole suspension not so long time ago, I am sure hi can do yours.... We agreed on $85/hr any repair, he also has "Hunter" alignment machine, also like $75 for alignment... what you need, can be done in 1 day...
You can buy OEM brakes for all 4 corners for about $800 and spend under $200 on installation.
The FCP Euro offers lifetime warranty on everything they sell and I had awesome experience with them since my BMW X5 days, they're in CT, probably next day delivery if you're in Boston.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.