RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've a valve block rebuild to do but i read years ago that there were 2 gen codes of valve blocks on LSE?

Is it true?

Thanks

Florent

·
Registered
536 Posts
No it's not true. On the P38's, and maybe on the very last of the classics the air pressure switch moved from the tank to the valve block (bad move I think), and that was the only change. In my 93 i've got a 96 valve block in it and it's fine. I've had both apart and they're the same, but the pumps in the lse's are different but compatable with the older ones. Hope this helps.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
benji said:
No it's not true. On the P38's, and maybe on the very last of the classics the air pressure switch moved from the tank to the valve block (bad move I think), and that was the only change. In my 93 i've got a 96 valve block in it and it's fine. I've had both apart and they're the same, but the pumps in the lse's are different but compatable with the older ones. Hope this helps.
Thank you very much. I rebuilt the valve block and everything is fine now.

About the pressure switch, on my P38 i moved it back to original place with custom air fittings.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think thats the way to go, from what i've read it makes the pump cycle less, did u find this? It seems a pretty easy mod. that one day when I get a p38 i'll be sure to do. When you re-built the valve block, did you use any greasy type stuff to hold the orings in. I found the operation of the valve block more positive putting all the orings in dry, but as i've got to do the lse's block soon any opnions are more than welcome.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
benji said:
I think thats the way to go, from what i've read it makes the pump cycle less, did u find this? It seems a pretty easy mod. that one day when I get a p38 i'll be sure to do. When you re-built the valve block, did you use any greasy type stuff to hold the orings in. I found the operation of the valve block more positive putting all the orings in dry, but as i've got to do the lse's block soon any opnions are more than welcome.
Yes, it cycles less. It pumps and stop and that's it. No more pump stop pump stop for 1 psi complement :(
Yes i use teflon grease for the o-ring. Done maybe 100 valve blocks in 3 years and all is fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts