RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
A RR Sport 2012 limited edition(lux)<br><br>And now, 3 months after..the famous CEL issue have started.<br>May seem a piece of cake to some of you old timers with a long love relationship with your RR<br>but to me, a newly RR wedded dude, it's worrisome. <br>Especially when there are very few mechanics who can fix this where im from.<br><br>After diagnostic, i got a <strong>P0106</strong> error code. (OBD Car doctor device)<br>My mechanic cleaned the Pressure sensor(i believe, thats the little clip like stuff).<br>He sprayed it with some electronic cleaner stuff. Still the CEL is still up. <br>The mechanic says to take it for a hard spin that i would clear off..i did but nothin changed.<br>Plus, when i accelerate hard i can smell something like fume. <br><br>He suggest to change the air filter. <br>Then says to change the 2 Air flow meters.<br>He assures me that it's nothin major, that i can keep driving it.  <br><br>Another Mechanic says its the low octane fuel sold in my country(even though I use boosters)<br>Says to change the Oxygen and Catalyst converter too.<br>Im so worried and confused. <br>Im not a techy person at all, so reading the error code report is daunting and confusing.<br>I don't want anyone to take advantage of the situation.

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
To start with you don't have an L322, you have a Sport, an L320 so you've posted in the wrong forum. The code is a standard MAF sensor error so a squirt with MAF cleaner should sort it. If it doesn't, it probably needs a new one. Once the code has been read it should be cleared. That will turn it off and if it comes straight back, then you do need a new MAF.

As it's detected an error, it's probably gone into a fail safe fuel map which will be rich so you will smell fumes.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
OP, when posting please jsut type your post instead of copy and pasting from whatever you are typing in. You can also leave out the profanity and text typing.

It's obvious your mechanic is a complete moron and jsut throwing your monies at a vague issue. Lack of an experienced mechanic will be your downfall unless you buck up and take care of things yourself. If you are not a do it yourself type and have no access to a mechanic that knows Land Rovers you may as well sell now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Gilbertd,
I apologise for the mix up..sending this on the wrong forum..my bad.
Thanks for your advice tho. 'Preciate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RRToadhall,

Thanks for the typing tips. I will search for a mechanic that knows his onions, and prolly start getting my knowledge up as per DIY.
The mechanic may have proffered solutions that are not 100% accurate, that doesn't make him a "moron".
We are all at different levels of knowledge and may not get some things right sometimes.
Thanks for your advice.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Any mechanic that hand you a list of things to throw money at without actually troubleshooting the issue has no business in service. Especially true when telling you to change two of an item that your rig only has one of. I would run, not walk away from this guy. He obviously has no clue or knowledge about Range ROvers or even some basics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts