RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

so I have noticed that the ABS pump runs when I start it in the morning for around 30 seconds or so. I know that is pretty normal... but is it normal to observe the fluid level in the reservoir go down about oh.. a half inch or so while doing this process? I have a new accumulator and just checked it to make sure it was full of fluid with no air in there.. and it was. I went to top it off with a hypodermic syringe and it was full and it didnt want any more fluid. I just had a hunch that maybe the accumulator had some air in it. I should probably admit right now that the reason for my concern in the first place is that my brakes suck. Sometimes they grab really well and sometimes they dont. The pedal has an inconsistent feel to it. Sometimes firm, sometimes squishy, sometimes it snaps back at you and sometimes it doesnt.

thoughts? Thanks guys.
Beat

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi

My fluid always goes down a similar amount when the system is under pressure. It rises back up after the engine has been turned off for a while. Brakes are fine on my rig though.......

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,219 Posts
Yes, the fluid level drop is normal... as long as the fluid is at the "MAX" level when the pump has stopped running and the system is pressurized then it's normal.

Brakes that suck... I can attest to that... I've just done brake discs and pads all round, and also cleaned reservoir, replaced brake fluid and bled the system.. brakes feel a lot better now.. just got to finish trying to get one of them to stop squealing.

If your brake fluid hasn't been changed in awhile, it's probably worth doing...

Cheers,
Marty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts