RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Jaguar and Land Rover parts with the same part number exactly the same and interchangeable ?
This is for a 2006 Range Rover sport SC.

I need a whole set of control arm nuts bolts and cambers .

I went to parts.com where i usually buy my land rover parts from and i searched for one of the bolts e.g RYG000384
It comes up with a jaguar part with that part number for $5.71 and and land rover part with that number for $10.61

Its seams like all the jaguar ones are almost half the price and since i'm going to need a whole set this is a big saving.

But is the jaguar part the same as the land rover ?

Thanks
Neil

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't know for sure but I'd be amazed if they weren't, since Jags and Land Rovers are made by the same company. For sure many Jag parts are actually Ford (or sometimes other brand) parts just sold under a Jag part number, and with a price multiplier applied. Its a common practice among car manufacturers, for example Porsche do that with VW parts too.
I know people in the auto trade who have books/access to websites where you can look up a Jag number and get the Ford (or whoever) equivalent number, and order that instead, which saves you $$$ for the exact identical part.
Maybe you can use Google to find such a website, or someone else here already knows one, where you can do the same thing with Land Rover numbers.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
For many things they are the same much like may of the first gen L322 were BMW branded. In your example above they would be the same thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts