RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering buying an out of state SVR and wondering if it's going to be okay for registration in CA or not.
Somehow I don't think LR would make two different version of such a small production vehicle but I figured I'd ask if anyone knows for a fact that they're all 50 state or not.

Thanks

·
Administrator
27,795 Posts
Sadly the Republic of Kalifornia forces all auto companies to make changes to production for all of the US models. It used to be a simple matter of different smog control items. You are correct it is just not worth producing two variants for the NAS market to appease the ever changing California requirements. There has not been a true "California" spec vehicle in ages.

There are however many companies that make yard equipment and small engine items like generators that have "Not for sale in California" emblazoned on their packaging and order websites because they fart too much or are too loud. Heaven forbid if a leaf blower is too loud for the folks next door to have a peaceful game of Canasta. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
Sadly the Republic of Kalifornia forces all auto companies to make changes to production for all of the US models. It used to be a simple matter of different smog control items. You are correct it is just not worth producing two variants for the NAS market to appease the ever changing California requirements. There has not been a true "California" spec vehicle in ages.

There are however many companies that make yard equipment and small engine items like generators that have "Not for sale in California" emblazoned on their packaging and order websites because they fart too much or are too loud. Heaven forbid if a leaf blower is too loud for the folks next door to have a peaceful game of Canasta. :lol:
But of course when it comes to gas cans we have to suffer with those crappy CARB approved can spouts that leak or spill.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts