RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...new 2016 RRS Td6 owner here. I am completely new to RRs and I have a question about the rate of inflation for the suspension airbags. I test drove a few before I bought the one I bought. I seem to remember one of the others, in 4x4 raised mode, inflating the rear bags evenly then the front bags evenly. My RRS seems to pump the rear evenly but then the fronts pump unevenly (i.e., the left starts to lift a bit before the right). All 4 bags inflate and hold but they just seem to inflate at different rates. My question is, is the normal? Are they all suppose to inflate and deflate at the same time? Is it a potential problem that the front left and right inflate at an uneven rate? I am near the warranty expiration and want to get this fixed if it is actually a problem. Thanks!!!

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
Why is your rig needing to lift though? Are you lowering every time you park? That is a big wear on the compressor. When raising your rear will always raise first, then the front. Chances are your tank is just not full enough to raise both the rear and front immediately.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! No, this was just in the test drive and a couple of times after when I was trying to figure out what all the settings do. I plan to keep the ride height at "normal" height on a day to day basis. This was just something I thought I should inquire about before the warranty runs out as it was my biggest concern when buying a RR. I don't plan to use "access" height to reduce the strain on the components.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
On my 2017 my rear raises first and then the fronts. The rear might raise again to level off but I do not really notice.

I have never had the truck have the right or left raise independently of the other though. And that is for both my 2011 or my 2017 RRS. I had my 2011 for just over 6 years and 100,000 miles and never experience this or had a compressor need servicing. Since my truck rarely goes about 45mph on my commute my truck is usually in the raised position. On my 2011 the cutoff speed was about 25mph and never had uneven raising or lowering issues that you have described.

Since you are still in warranty I would have it looked at as a compressor alone is considerably expensive not including the labor.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to close the loop, I think everything is fine. Now that I have been driving it regularly it seems to be performing normally as you guys described. I think it was just working the kinks out after sitting on the dealer lot for a couple of weeks.

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
Just for trivia reasons, it is very much by design that the rear lifts first, then the front. That is so that manual or auto adjustments do not blind on coming traffic when the head lights are. Lowering is just the opposite for the same reason. Front lowers first then the back.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Funny how well thought out some features are and how others are not. Side note: I am really enjoying the RRS so far. Just a couple of quirks I have to sort out but I was expecting that with a used RR.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Just for trivia reasons, it is very much by design that the rear lifts first, then the front. That is so that manual or auto adjustments do not blind on coming traffic when the head lights are. Lowering is just the opposite for the same reason. Front lowers first then the back.
Mine is a little different.

Low Mode up to Normal- Rear raises than front
Normal up to High- Front raises than rear

High down to Normal- Lowers evenly
Normal down to Low- Lowers evenly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts