RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am testing both apple music and spotify premium on my rrs my2016
With meridian 825 W system and find spotify sound quality better..
Anyway I am getting "crazy" because when I browse music I find what I have in apple music only,
So that I have to choose music in spotify directly on my mobile (iphone 6 with latest sw).
In apple music I can browse both music downloaded from the app and the one I get through icloud library (i mean all albums and playlist I already had in itunes) while in spotify other than listening I can't browswe albums and playlist even if setted in off line mode.
All this happen with the iphone connected to usb; in bluetooth it is no possible to browse music at all...
What I am missing?

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
an ipod....

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I've never used spotify, but......

I just download all my music from the Cloud onto my iPhone and use InControl, all the albums, songs and album covers are displayed.

I also sometimes use "My Tuner Radio" on In control, which can play almost any radio station from anywhere in the world. When I say "sometimes" I think I've used it twice, but it's pretty good.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I have an ipod. Classic model 160 G
But I am planning to buy an ipod touch because
Cannot use apple music and spotify on it...
But... Would I really fix this issue?

Incontrol unfortunatly I didn't order because
Of negative comments in this forum..so I choosed something else
And now I don't think I could order it anymore....
Anyway if somone could share any info on this matter.....
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
These are probably issues with iOS and not the car. I don't think the car is capable of limiting what you can and cannot do on the phone.
I'd search Apple's support forums or maybe even open a forum ticket with them. I'm suggesting the iPod because that you can just leave plugged in and not worry about the BT vs USB differences. I'm sure you can tether via your phone & then the Touch can do everything you need. And, for the record, that's what I was thinking of when saying "iPod", sorry for not being more specific.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have seen this issue to. I also get no album art with Spotify, and the track details disappear from the dashboard display just after the track starts. I agree, probably an Apple issue / design to push users to Apple Music.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would suggest spotify because it does not create problems while transferring my playlist from spotify to appl music using MusConv.com tool. has someone tried this before?

·
Registered
102 Posts
These are probably issues with iOS and not the car. I don't think the car is capable of limiting what you can and cannot do on the phone.
I'd search Apple's support forums or maybe even open a forum ticket with them. I'm suggesting the iPod because that you can just leave plugged in and not worry about the BT vs USB differences. I'm sure you can tether via your phone & then the Touch can do everything you need. And, for the record, that's what I was thinking of when saying "iPod", sorry for not being more specific.
Agree, I use an iPod Touch as well - easier to manage, great sound quality through USB and you can leave it in the vehicle and it plays instantly. If I want to change things up and listen to Spotify then I just switch to my iPhone and do so through InControl. I wish that Spotify was accessible natively in the RRS MY 2018, similar to Tune-In.

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport HSE, 2004 Porsche Carerra 4S
95 Posts
….I have a feeling no matter what the interface is (InControl/Carplay/etc.) - we all wind up using the phone to change tracks at the end of the day. InControl is cool but haggling with the app gets old with both spotify and the iTunes app. Really they both only let you pull up existing playlists so you wind up reaching for the phone anyways.... my 2c

1 - 10 of 10 Posts