RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading recently that Apple CarPlay may be available via a software update to pre-2019 Range Rover Sports.

We have a nearly fully-loaded early 2018 RRS HSE Dynamic and I'd love to have CarPlay functionality.

1. Does anyone have an early model 2018 RRS that has received the update?
2. If yes, how did you get it? and what did it cost, if anything?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
722 Posts
2018s also get CarPlay and Android Auto. Bring to your dealer and get the latest update. 19C I think. can't remember now.

Most dealers will do it for free if you bring up issues with existing software. There have been reported dealer charges of $250 or more. You'll have to do a search to get the exact numbers.

-ThinkMac-

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
2018s also get CarPlay and Android Auto. Bring to your dealer and get the latest update. 19C I think. can't remember now.

Most dealers will do it for free if you bring up issues with existing software. There have been reported dealer charges of $250 or more. You'll have to do a search to get the exact numbers.

-ThinkMac-
No charge for me on my 2017.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Upgrade complete for my 2018. VERY nice implementation of CarPlay. Frustratingly, my dealership charged me $300 to activate the smartphone pack. Land Rover Portland. Let’s just say they are not known for “good deals”.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. Let's see what the dealer will do for me in Austin, TX. I will keep fingers crossed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
ashs
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing