RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I'm reading its a software add on and not hardware. Also from the article it sounds like the 2018's can get the same addon.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Wonder why search didn't come up. It's got quite a few threads and discussions going on.

2017 onward is a software update to get CP and AA, need v18C plus phone package. Some dealers will do it for free if you're already complaining about issues with the Touch Pro dual system. If not, I believe there's a charge ($250?) for it.

-ThinkMac-

·
Registered
31 Posts

Mines a 2018 June build. Added in November of 2018 via dealer updates. No additional hardware required. Quoted 300 but ended up being free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! Have an appointment this wed to update. Does Waze work with this update ? Only reason I really want Apple play.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
69 Posts
Nice! Have an appointment this wed to update. Does Waze work with this update ? Only reason I really want Apple play.
Waze is CarPlay supported, so yes. I launched it once or twice - seems to work fine. I heard reports early on that Waze was somewhat laggy, but I didn't experience that.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Waze works really well. The only thing I don’t like about the app are the turn by turn displayed instructions. I especially like it so I know which lane to be in. I can’t seem to pull it up on the car screen. I only see it on the phone screen?
It could be:
normal operation for apple car play (I suspect this is the most likely)
Normal for LR apple car play but not others?
That I’m doing something wrong. EndUserFail.com
Lol

Has anyone else noticed this or gotten the turn by turn to show up on the car screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
there's really no such thing as "LR CarPlay".

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
LMAO! JLR finally gained a licensing agreement with apple. I JLR had been willing to pay higher fees Jag and JR could have had Carplay in 2014 along with Mercedes and Volvo.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
There's no licensing fee to CarPlay. It is 100% free for manufacturers to implement. The only requirements are 100% compatibility and acceptance of their name to be used for marketing (like the page that lists car manufacturers taking part in the program).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for the silly question... for 2018 RR Sport, is there any specific option I must have to enable the Apple CarPlay after the software update?? If yes, how do I know that I have this option in my car??

Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry for the silly question... for 2018 RR Sport, is there any specific option I must have to enable the Apple CarPlay after the software update?? If yes, how do I know that I have this option in my car??

Thanks in advanced!
The dealer has to install it for you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts