Range Rovers Forum banner

Apple Car Play and Active Loud Exhaust on MY18 RRS ATB.

6K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  RRToadHall 
#1 ·
Just wondering is it possible to enable/add these features in to MY18 RRS ATB build.

These two attached images are from my build sheet dealer send me.
since those items have a "LESS" at the starting, im guessing its not included at this point.
and wondering is it possible to add them to an ATB build sheet.

Text Font Line Parallel Number
Text Font Line Document

Thank You.

See less See more
#2 ·
If it's not on the website then the answer is likely no. The build sheets have everything listed even if not an option, so one can't go by that. Also yes "less" means not present on your specific vehicle. Kinda stinks to be able to see everything you miss out on but oh well.

#5 ·
Well the loud exhaust is a no brainer, do you really need the phoeny exhaust sound generator on an ATB? You got me on the Apple Car Play. Then again you didn;t get the Android bit either. Usualy with LRNA when something is listed as "less" is means it is not needed on a model or has been replaced with something else. Less electric engine battery is a prime example. Look how many of the "less" items are stickers. Interesting they also have "Less Electronic Road PRicing" for the regions not testing fully automated road ways. Of course some of the gadgets would be fun like the fire extinguisher and flare holder.

#6 ·
I didn't realize.. "loud exhaust" and "exhaust sound enhancement" are two different way of doing it. while you said "phoney", that make sense..

Nobody in my family used an android in past 10 years.. so why would I care about "
Android auto" :lol:

Appreciate your comments.

#8 ·
I saw 'LESS Apple CarPlay' on the list and I'm disappointed that it isn't available. I have it on my current vehicle and it's a nice feature that will only get better with time. Maybe it'll be subject to a software upgrade in future...

#12 ·
My chity impala has it, and its a 2016..
HOWLING... I never took you for a Wisconsin gang banger or part of the Midwestern thug life.... :lol:. Oh crap, do you have rims and thumper in the back? :-?

Sorry Keralis, that was far too easy. The other end of the Impala spectrum is Royal Fork Buffet, Bingo and Garage sales... I fall into the latter with my 84 Lincoln Town Car that finally rolled over 41K miles last weekend. It hits various junk shops, garage sales and estate sales and then hits the pub once a week for Tanqueray and fish and chips. Once in a long while the owner brings in a few bottles of Boodles Mulberry for us old British driving farts like he is with his Bentleys. Anyone with something British in their drive always gets incredible service, killer drinks and discounted cheques at the end of the night. He gives out prime rib dinners with a drink for $9.95 to anyone with a British make key chain... yes the key on it must match. He and I go back through the Rolls Royce Owners Club and Packard Enthusiasts Club as well as the CCCA. He considers my old Lincoln... a "novelty car" because it is so ridiculously pristine and looks good in front of the pub.

#18 ·
I was not talking about the screen size/resolution but more on practicality... I know 17-18 have a better one but will the navigation as good as google maps ??. lets say it automatically knows where you heading each day or, shows traffic in your area all the time or auto routes during traffic issues as effective as google, or reads and replies to text messages on whatsapp or SMS, voice commands for anything, answer whatz the NFL score and much more..

I doubt.. maybe I'm wrong.

#19 ·
I'm sure those refer to the SVR model. I bet if you looked at an SVR build, those items would not have the LESS in front of them.
Still, its encouraging to see Carplay listed on there. That's a first. That is the most solid reference that the option is very much in the pipeline.

#20 ·
Does anyone have more info on the previously mentioned
183CA LESS Android Auto
My build sheet has that as well and the dealer is clueless. It would be nice to know how to get it since this
https://www.android.com/auto/land-rover/
says: Android Auto is available for newly purchased vehicles, and may be offered as a standard feature or optional feature. Availability is subject to change and may vary based on geography and trim level.

#21 ·
LRNA has not released any new information nor is Android or Apple available for Land Rover yet.

says: Android Auto is available for newly purchased vehicles, and may be offered as a standard feature or optional feature. Availability is subject to change and may vary based on geography and trim level.

An An android marketing screen will never have more information than LRNA. I am guessing you missed the big oversized text that states "Android Auto is coming soon in Land Rover vehicles."

#22 ·
That is not a marketing screen, it's the official location for information from Google as they work with all automakers implement android auto. The Land-Rover page has had the "coming soon" line for years, and only recently added the "available for newly purchased vehicles", so No, I didn't miss that. It would be nice if LRNA released information on their current stance of Android Auto and Apple Car play, not releasing info doesn't mean that it's not coming soon...

#23 ·
Let me rephrase then. Anything you see on a third party site is rumour, hearsay and rarely matches LRNA schedules or releases.

The Android site screen has two huge disclaimers: "subject to change" and "coming soon". So there is nothing there that indicates this is rolling out for current orders or orders in the near future. As far as not releasing info... that is the whole "subject to change". Until LRNA releases an official announcement for the integration of Car Play or Android Auto it simply is not on the radar yet. Obviously initial steps have been taken but that in no way indicates any kind of schedule or planned release for current model orders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.