RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I bought a few sport bits with the intention of putting them on my normal rr. Is there anyway to tell if the lights are adaptive or not? They are off an 07 plate. It is my understanding that at this stage the lights themselves were all adaptive but only became so if you have the corrct ballast.

Any hlep is appreciated.

·
Registered
489 Posts
The easy way to tell is if the headlights have 2 ballasts on the bottom. If they do then you have adaptive. The non adaptive headlights only have one ballast and a blank spot where the other should go but cant.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
211 Posts
Everything about this thread confuses me.

Balasts regulate the voltage going to the Xenon bulb - there is only one xenon bulb in each headlight housing, why would there be two? High beams simply redirect the ellipsoid lens and refocus the light into a different pattern and illuminate the halogen bulb on the inner portion of the headlight housing as well.

As far as the OP goes - all of the lights were certainly NOT adaptive. The amount of components required to operate the adaptive headlights is extensive and very costly - (x/y axis stepper motors on the ellipsoid lens pivot system, as well as sensors on the steering column of the vehicle and accelerometer / inclinometer sensors to determine vertical and horizontal movement, all of which are fed through the computer and change the pivot ratios based on vehicle speed as well!)

Your intention is to put these on to a FFRR?! The software systems required to power the servos in the headlights doesn't exist in that vehicle to my knowledge, depending on the year - and when applicable it was certainly totally different than the systems used in the sport!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts