RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RRS S/C arrived last night and I'm going to pick it up on Thursday evening; (unless they try to make me grab my ankles on the trade-in valuation on my '03 RR).
My question is this: how many of you new RRS S/C, or HSE owners with optional 20" wheels/tyres, are NOT experiencing hard to resolve vibration problems especially at 50-75 mph? The reason I ask is that there are a few posters here who are having one hell of a time getting rid of a nasty vibration at the above speeds, and I do not want to end up in the same boat if possible since my dealer is 60 miles away. I will of course test drive it throughly before driving it off the lot, but just wanted to get an idea of how many who post here are NOT having problems.
TIA,
Bish

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
146 Posts
Let me help. Having owned a 99' HSE and a 2002 Discovery(Wifes), and now a 2003 RR trust me, I know about vibration. The reason the dealer most of the time can not fix the problem is because there is nothing to fix!! I had vibration problems on the 99 RR. Changed tires, drive shafts, and wheels. NO HELP. Same(but not as bad) vibration with the discovery. Guess what, same but not as bad again, with the 2003 RR. My wife now has a Lexus GX. Much smoother, but a slightly noticeable bumping of the tires. All tested on same stretch of road. Always seems worse on smooth blacktop roads versus concrete ones. I am CONVINCED that the reason for the apparent vibration is the air suspension system used in the vehicles. It is great for the large sweeping bumps or dips in the road. You won't get the vehicle bouncing up and down like the Lexus GX does. However, for the small road bumps and valleys, they can be felt right through to the steering wheel and even make it shimmy from time to time. This is even more pronounced with the larger wheels(notice most complaints are with the 20" wheels). I tested my 99 RR with 18 and 19" wheels. While the vibration was not eliminated, it was noticiably improved. Finally, another problem with 03 RR is an apparent front end design flaw which causes tires to be destroyed after about 15,000 miles. Do not know if this is a problem with the Sport. Sorry for long post but I just had to respond after seeing all of the 'vibration investigation' post being made. Still a awseome vehicle none the less.
regards :wink:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have optional 20 inch wheels and it's smooth as silk.

Keep in mind that people generally dont post unless they have problems, and represent a very small percentage of owners. No worries!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got the standard 19" wheels.........really don't notice any vibration, turbo lag yes, but everything else seems to be ok.

·
Registered
335 Posts
this should be interesting when I get my 22" wheels in November....

I better keep my stock 19's just in case.

·
Registered
100 Posts
vibration

Bish-

I have 3k on my SC and no vibration. Road feel maybe as the suspension is sporty and low profile tires but a sweet ride.

The guys taking 19s to 20s or 22s may have some trouble as most of the RRS with 20s have a slightly different suspension setup than the one's with 19s stock.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
707 Posts
hello everybody
ive had my rrs for about 1 month and i noticed the vibration driving home from the dealer
i solved thge problem by putting 22 inch lexani(onix) w/285/35/22 tires
now the vibration is gone :D :D

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I picked up my Bonatti Gray RRS S/C Friday night and no vibration so far at any speeds, (well up to 85 mph anyway). I'll let you know if things change. Thanks for all of the above.
BTW. The tyre pressures were 'off' at delivery being 4 psi low in both fronts and 2 psi low in the rears.
Bish

·
Registered
210 Posts
any pics

Thebishman,
I would like to see some one pics of your Bonatti Gray RRS S/C I hope you will enjoy driving it with out vibration...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yes, mine has vibrations from about 45mph to 60 mph or so. I have a SC Sport w/ stock 20's. The alignment has been off since day one as well, it pulls to the left. She is in the shop right now and I hope a new steering rack is installed as most who have this get one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts