Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with a Rovacom Faultmate Testbook Sync-Mate in Upstate NY??

Recently reentered the joy of owning a Land Rover and so far not off to a good start. Purchased a 2000 P38 car started when i went to look at it. Had the car towed to my house (needs head gaskets) and battery died. Now car will not start no spark. Tried the EKA default code 1515. FOB works to lock unlock and superlock but vehicle will not start. Removed main fuse box and resoldered all the joints (ive been through this before) and still no start. After searching the forum i believe that the BeCM needs a resync. Issue for be is the nearest Land Rover Dealer is over 100 miles away. Hoping someone on this forum lives in upstate NY or Northern PA (I live in the Binghamton NY Area) and has a Rovacom, Testbook, Faultmate or BeCM Sync-Mate that could give me a hand.

Thank You
Jeff Babuka

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Anyone with a Rovacom Faultmate Testbook Sync-Mate in Upstate NY??

Update....today tried to start a battery was dead...hooked up jumper cables and cranked but no start...pulled all the fuses from the interior fuse box under passenger seat to check for blown fuses all were ok.... car then fired right up and ran for about 5 min then stalled , would not restart... pulled all fuses again to try and recreate prior success but still will not start... engine cranks but no spark....anyone have any ideas???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

so another update... today car started and ran for about half an hour but as soon as i turned on the headlights the car stalled and cranks but will not fire...got two codes dont remember the numbers but one was low voltage and the other was about MIL circuit... any ideas anyone?

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts

Have you tested your battery? If not you can start with the electrical stickie above. Make sure your grounds and leads are squeaky clean and tight. Our rigs are juice hogs and a weak battery will certainly cause the symptoms you have. It will also lead towards wearing out the alternator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts