1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at these two:

1) http://www.delray.mercedescenter.com/po ... 174335RCRD
2) http://www.fremontlandrover.com/used-in ... 197a9734e1

i think it's bizarre that they are priced the same when one has 25k miles and the other has 41k. let me ask you guys afew questions....

- what is the rr factory warranty, and is it transfereable to a new owner?
- were there two different beiges offered in '06? it looks like the one at the mercedes dealership has almost an ivory interior while the one at land rover is darker
- i've seen this interior with blue accenting (piping, kickboards, dash). it's hard for me to tell in these pictures and when i called the dealers the salesmen said that they "couldn't tell" (can you FREAKING! believe that!!!???). Anyway was this blue accenting an option or can i assume that if they have this light interior they will have the blue accenting?

fyi - i know that you guys are sick of my wheel threads so this should be the end of it... today i pulled the trigger on a set of 20"x9.5 stormers and 295/45/20 tires.

thanks again,
- ED

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well, the one at the MB dealership has an HDC fault...so you have a problem right out the door, but the warranty period is 4 years or 50k miles, so the repair should be covered. I notice this one does not have the heated accessories package.

You can look at all the '06 color options here:
http://apps.us.landrover.com/cpo/librar ... 006_RR.pdf

Personally, something seems weird about the paint color on the one at the LR dealership...it sort of looks beigey-gold. The early '06s were Zambezi silver, but the color changed to Zermatt later in the production year. Maybe that one is the Maya Gold?? Or maybe it is just the light/camera. It looks weird to me.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i noticed that fualt on the one at mb, i also noticed that strange tinge to the color at the one at lr. i think that's just the camera - especially b/c the brochure you gave me (thanks alot for that!) states that there is only one interior beige which would mean that both interiors are the same color - clearly these two photo galleries have a huge color variation. thanks for the info on the warrantee. that means that i'm basically in warrantee for afew months on both. :thumb:

·
Registered
52 Posts
At minimum, how do the cars check out on Carfax or Autocheck? I would steer clear of a Florida Car...Salt Air. These cars have too many moving parts to have salt air come into the equation.

It looks like you are getting close. Be very discriminate...It's a big purchase and the ball is in your court. Glad you got your wheels. I changed mine out for 20" supercharged wheels...Makes all the "aesthetic" difference in the world.

Cheers

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BuggyChief said:
At minimum, how do the cars check out on Carfax or Autocheck? I would steer clear of a Florida Car...Salt Air. These cars have too many moving parts to have salt air come into the equation.

It looks like you are getting close. Be very discriminate...It's a big purchase and the ball is in your court. Glad you got your wheels. I changed mine out for 20" supercharged wheels...Makes all the "aesthetic" difference in the world.

Cheers
THANKS! yeah getting close. i'm going to look at the one at land rover tommorrow. hopefully that works out! i was debating for so long over the wheels... 20? 22? 20? 22? i ultimately decided to go with the 20's b/c i feel that the 22's are large enough that they may give the appearance of aftermarket. additionally it seems silly to have 40profile on a truck. it'd be one thing if this were a porsche cayenne or bmw x5, but a range rover? i felt it needed the ruggedness of meat. plus i figured that if rover engineered their car to run with 20's and nothing more, i shouldn't mess with the grand equation. these are engineers that get payed alot of money to figure out which specs are appropriate both esthetically and functionally. i hope i made the right choice.

·
Registered
52 Posts
ed1655 said:
BuggyChief said:

Cheers
THANKS! yeah getting close. i'm going to look at the one at land rover tommorrow. hopefully that works out! i was debating for so long over the wheels... 20? 22? 20? 22? i ultimately decided to go with the 20's b/c i feel that the 22's are large enough that they may give the appearance of aftermarket. additionally it seems silly to have 40profile on a truck. it'd be one thing if this were a porsche cayenne or bmw x5, but a range rover? i felt it needed the ruggedness of meat. plus i figured that if rover engineered their car to run with 20's and nothing more, i shouldn't mess with the grand equation. these are engineers that get payed alot of money to figure out which specs are appropriate both esthetically and functionally. i hope i made the right choice.
My thoughts exactly. I purchased an extended warranty with mine and my thought process was that I went with 20's and the factory Continental Tires. I didn't want to give the warranty company any ammunition to decline a claim. And let's face it, if the suspension gives problems, then it could be costly. Also, I agree with the other poster, Low 30's for the ones you are looking at is more in line since they don't have luxury package or dvd's (and I noticed one didn't have seat heaters).

Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no seat heaters! oh crap.... my wife is gonna flip. hopefully that's not the one i'm looking at tommorrow... :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
ed1655 said:
no seat heaters! oh crap.... my wife is gonna flip. hopefully that's not the one i'm looking at tommorrow... :)
No, the one in California has the seat and steering wheel heater. It also looks like it has chrome 19" factory wheels. Sell those babies on Craigslist or Ebay. The tires, if in good condition, retail at $275/tire.

Good luck with it as the miles check out and the warranty will be 4yr/50k miles and the factory warranty stays with the car. Keep in mind that you don't have to buy an extended warranty until the last month before the expiring factory warranty.

Finally, do your research on Kbb.com, as this is the value the banks go off of and dealers look at. I found that edmunds is a good reference, but a "rch" higher than kbb. My thought process when I bought mine was to try and buy it as close to "trade in value" as possible, and I was able to do that. But keep in mind I shopped for 6 months until I found someone that wanted to play ball. I offered on probably 6 different RR. The take away is don't get too emotionally charged, but I know those Stormers are itchin' to run.

Cheers

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BuggyChief said:
I know those Stormers are itchin' to run.
you said it! i just got email confirmation that both the tires and wheels were shipped this am which means most likely i'll be in business to mount even tommorrow or saturday, which means i could possibly be stomping the urban jungle by saturday afternoon if this one at rover checks out! these guys at the dealership are such morons though. i've dealt with alot of car salesman and many of them are really decent people.... it's annoying to have to deal with a bunch of botards. i'm just going to go in there and tell it like it is... they've gotta lower the price and i'm going to insist that they throw in the factory warrantee. thanks for the tip on the chrome wheels, i was thinking the same thing. :thumb:

·
Registered
52 Posts
ed1655 said:
BuggyChief said:
I know those Stormers are itchin' to run.
you said it! i just got email confirmation that both the tires and wheels were shipped this am which means most likely i'll be in business to mount even tommorrow or saturday, which means i could possibly be stomping the urban jungle by saturday afternoon if this one at rover checks out! these guys at the dealership are such morons though. i've dealt with alot of car salesman and many of them are really decent people.... it's annoying to have to deal with a bunch of botards. i'm just going to go in there and tell it like it is... they've gotta lower the price and i'm going to insist that they throw in the factory warrantee. thanks for the tip on the chrome wheels, i was thinking the same thing. :thumb:
Be sure when you switch the wheels out that you have them put your TPMS sensors on your new wheels/tires unless your new ones come with TPMS sensors. :thumb:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[quote="BuggyChief]
Be sure when you switch the wheels out that you have them put your TPMS sensors on your new wheels/tires unless your new ones come with TPMS sensors. :thumb:[/quote]

oh thanks - wouldn't have thought of that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts