RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone used the lowering links for the range rover sport? how do you guys like them...any problems of any kind? im gonna be getting myself a 2010 sport supercharged before next summer and just wanna know about the mods i plan on doing before hand

thank you

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Forum tip of the day...

Type the word or phrase you are looking for in the search function box located in the upper right portion of your screen.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
129 Posts
I had them on my Porsche Cayenne TT.. don't think I'll do that again. Trust me, I lower all my cars. I don't like factory ride height and I always plus size my wheels. I know what a lowered car feels like and never cared if it was too rough or not. But with the links, the Cayenne was terrible at speeds. Normal crusing, ok but not great. But freeway speeds and if you hit a slight dip (not even noticeable to a normal car), you would think you cracked a rib. Its enough to scare the **** out of your passengers. And I didn't twist the links that much in order for them to be super low. I was conservative after playing around with them. I'd probably pay the big money for the electronic module. H&R has them, they just don't market them. But my shop can get it. They all are $1k plus.

I gave my links away when I traded in the car, thats what I thought about them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Serb said:
I had them on my Porsche Cayenne TT.. don't think I'll do that again. Trust me, I lower all my cars. I don't like factory ride height and I always plus size my wheels. I know what a lowered car feels like and never cared if it was too rough or not. But with the links, the Cayenne was terrible at speeds. Normal crusing, ok but not great. But freeway speeds and if you hit a slight dip (not even noticeable to a normal car), you would think you cracked a rib. Its enough to scare the Golly Gee Whiz out of your passengers. And I didn't twist the links that much in order for them to be super low. I was conservative after playing around with them. I'd probably pay the big money for the electronic module. H&R has them, they just don't market them. But my shop can get it. They all are $1k plus.

thanks! do you encounter any camber issues with lowering a RR? I dont plan on dropping it to the floor, just slightly, maybe 1" at the most. I had major camber issues on my benz and when using a lowering module. basically blew $1500 on tires every 6 months.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
129 Posts
spinsonic said:
Serb said:
I had them on my Porsche Cayenne TT.. don't think I'll do that again. Trust me, I lower all my cars. I don't like factory ride height and I always plus size my wheels. I know what a lowered car feels like and never cared if it was too rough or not. But with the links, the Cayenne was terrible at speeds. Normal crusing, ok but not great. But freeway speeds and if you hit a slight dip (not even noticeable to a normal car), you would think you cracked a rib. Its enough to scare the Golly Gee Whiz out of your passengers. And I didn't twist the links that much in order for them to be super low. I was conservative after playing around with them. I'd probably pay the big money for the electronic module. H&R has them, they just don't market them. But my shop can get it. They all are $1k plus.

thanks! do you encounter any camber issues with lowering a RR? I dont plan on dropping it to the floor, just slightly, maybe 1" at the most. I had major camber issues on my benz and when using a lowering module. basically blew $1500 on tires every 6 months.
I personally don't know about the RR.., but my Cayenne was jacked up. I had to align it after the drop.. so make sure you align it in the position your most likely going to drive it in. 1" was way too bumpy on my Cayenne though.. good luck buddy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts