RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so has anyone replaced the exhaust or done any mods to there exhaust aside from just changing out the tips? removed the resonators or got a new system in place? replaced the muffler? on the 2010 please.....either supercharged or not......if so could you please post a sound clip or video please !

thank you

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:think: dont think that was the right sound clip lol....but ya ive seen the kahn stuff too much money just for a exhaust set up id rather go to a shop and get a full stainless custom system and pay less than half of what they're asking

·
Registered
47 Posts
I removed the main muffler on my '10 SC and it sounded like a volley of cannon fire on the downshift, even at the lowest revs. It's very different to the effect on the previous model, and frankly is just not an option. It sounds like there's no exhaust at all.

I put that one back on and took out the smaller one and bizarrely the sound became thin and tinny.

I'm really disappointed, i loved the exhaust note on my '06 with the rsonator removed. This time it's looking like I need an aftermarket exhaust.

Fortunately the sound of the stock '10 SC is a touch lower than the stock '06 SC. Quite deep at speed, but much too anaemic at tickover and when accelerating. In fact, it rattles at tickover, and there are all sorts of wheezes, buzzes and twangs as you go up the rev range from rest.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oic...thanks for the reply....ill defiantly be getting an aftermarket system fabbed up for my 2010 RRS S/C when i get it in coming months just gotta figure out which route i will go with muffler choice and piping size and everything like that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts