Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RangeRoverVelar.org- The Largest Range Rover Velar Forum And Community!

With only 500 units US-bound, has anyone else taken the initiative to reserve one of their local dealer's allocations for one? I suspect that some dealers will only get a few, with the smaller dealerships only 1-2 if any at all.

So I figured I'd pull the trigger and placed a deposit. I do like how the First Editions are exactly spec'd. And I can always change my mind...

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've placed a deposit on a loaded HSE...didn't really need all the tech on the First Edition, also not a fan of the mandatory interior and exterior black pack.
I really fell in love with the interior an exterior design. Fpace size is perfect for me. Cant wait to see one in person at an auto show but ill be missing the one in person here in Vancouver... ill have to track it down somewhere else.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yep—I have a First Edition on pre-order as of today... trading in my '16 HST sport. Hoping to get an update from my dealer about the build date once they receive their allocation.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep—I have a First Edition on pre-order as of today... trading in my '16 HST sport. Hoping to get an update from my dealer about the build date once they receive their allocation.
Excellent! The only info my dealer had was that the first ones are expected to arrive around August. Any guesses as to when the first allocations will be open to build? Not that there are many options to choose from on a First Edition beyond 3 exterior colors, interactive display, and siriusXM.

I like how the interior is spec'd on the FE, but I wish we had more exterior color options. White would've been nice, though Corris is pretty sharp and I'm really liking the circulating photos of Silicon silver on the web.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same information from my dealer — just that they expected to receive their first velars in August. I was interested in the silicon silver as well, so I had my dealer send me a color chip. It's actually more of a taupe/warm grey than I expected—so I went with corris as I've had that color on 2 sports and love it. It looks especially nice with the black contrast roof. Here's a pic of the silicon so you can compare. IMG_0728.jpg

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for posting that. I think I'll be sticking with Corris as well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FYI — my dealer let me know today that they are hearing that the Corris Greys will be the first ones built.
Well in that case I'm 100% definitely sticking with Corris :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts