RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lease on a 2008 RR ends this month. The buyout is $46,500. I have 35000 miles on the vehicle. I am thinking about buying it out. I am leasing direct through Land Rover Finance. I was told by my dealer that they will NOT negotiate on the buyout. I tried to trough an offer at them and they turned it down. They also said that they will sell me a 4 yr/100,000 extended warranty for about $3400. Does this all sound right? Has anyone recently negotiated a better deal on their lease end contract buyout price??

·
Registered
952 Posts
Re: Anyone negotiate a better deal on their lease end buyout??

I did on a BMW a while back, but I negotiated with the dealer. Usually the buy-backs are offered to the dealer first. For example if your residual is $40k, the dealer's price to buy from Land Rover financial may be $35k, they may agree to sell it to you for $37k knowing it's a quick guaranteed sale. At least that's how it worked out with my BMW, I saved a couple grand.

having said that I later regretted buying it. I was bored with it after driving it for 3 years and ended up selling it 6 months later for a loss.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Has no one purchased their RR at lease end? I'm surprised.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
127 Posts

Our 2008 RR lease ended last Nov and our dealer offered no adjustment to the residual (buyout price to us). It didn't seem to make any sense, given that the residual was way higher than current market values. They said that with the Tata purchase of Land Rover, their financial group had stopped making deals for lease buyout terms.

So, we turned the vehicle in and leased another RR. I guess that's the outcome they hope for, so they have little incentive to encourage us to purchase our older vehicle.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Mikey94025 said:
Our 2008 RR lease ended last Nov and our dealer offered no adjustment to the residual (buyout price to us). It didn't seem to make any sense, given that the residual was way higher than current market values. They said that with the Tata purchase of Land Rover, their financial group had stopped making deals for lease buyout terms.

So, we turned the vehicle in and leased another RR. I guess that's the outcome they hope for, so they have little incentive to encourage us to purchase our older vehicle.
I too tried to negotiate my lease-end terms but Land Rover Capital/Encino Land Rover would not budge either. When I asked why, they informed me that they have residual insurance which makes up the difference between market value and residual value to shield from any loss. Therefore, they have no incentive to offer anything better than the contractual residual value. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts