Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 RR sport HSE's rear spoiler flew off on the motorway!! Very dangerous, I was very lucky as it was very early morning and quiet. Land Rover recalled 24000 vehicles in North America for this problem but say it isn't a problem for anyone else?
I can't find a Spoiler for less than several hundred pounds. Please can anyone help? If there a laid up/Sorn L320 2010 RRS I could make one from an existing car.
Dozens of L322's available at £30-100 but they don't fit the 2010 L320. Please anyone?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a factory recall on the spoiler.

Hi, sorry about the delay, I've been away without wifi and internet connection. The part which detaches is the upper cover, the lower section including the brake light and the reversing camera is still there although the camera mounting has broken from the cover. Unfortunately, I do know about the recall but, although no incidences are reported in the states, LR has rolled over, clearly afraid of litigation and has still recalled 24000, but says to me in the UK " that is America, there is no recall elsewhere!" Hence my displeasure after 3 discovery 3 (LR3?)s the last one I owned for ten years, 2 Freelander models and now this L320 Range Rover Sport. Again, I just ask, has anyone got one for sale at a suitable price or one I could take a mould from?

·
Registered
288 Posts
…just had a conversation yesterday with an owner of a 2011 who had her spoiler fly off on the highway….My GT has a bigger spoiler, hopefully it is not susceptible…

QUOTE="glm, post: 2348483, member: 459107"]
My 2010 RR sport HSE's rear spoiler flew off on the motorway!! Very dangerous, I was very lucky as it was very early morning and quiet. Land Rover recalled 24000 vehicles in North America for this problem but say it isn't a problem for anyone else?
I can't find a Spoiler for less than several hundred pounds. Please can anyone help? If there a laid up/Sorn L320 2010 RRS I could make one from an existing car.
Dozens of L322's available at £30-100 but they don't fit the 2010 L320. Please anyone?
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
15 Posts
There are some aftermarket replacements on amazon and ebay for $200-300. Can't speak to quality and they come unpainted so that would be an additional cost too. Cheaper than the OEM unit though.

Mine flew off on the highway recently, dealer ordered a replacement under the recall. If enough affected owners in the UK complained to whatever .gov agency is in charge of highway safety maybe one will be issued there as well?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts