RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
This post shows the seal locations, if it helps : ZF 6HP26 Teardown

As your transmission has a mechanically engaged park lock (i.e. cable operated from the shift lever) rather than an electrical one, you have the ‘M-shift’ Mechatronic rather than the ‘E-shift’. Just make sure, therefore, that you get the solenoid kit with the three blue, three yellow and one black solenoid (ZF part number 1068 298 044).

Phil
H
Good to hear, Robbing.

Ordering all the parts and goodies now. Will let you guys/gals know when they're all installed. Looking forward to getting in there and working on it.
Mine will act funky between 3rd and 4th once in a while.
Thanks everyone on the post, it was very informative and I might give mine a go if it gets any worse.
Right now it rarely happens.

As your transmission has a mechanically engaged park lock (i.e. cable operated from the shift lever) rather than an electrical one, you have the ‘M-shift’ Mechatronic rather than the ‘E-shift’. Just make sure, therefore, that you get the solenoid kit with the three blue, three yellow and one black solenoid (ZF part number 1068 298 044).

Phil
Not to be a downer, but I work on these all the time. And when I get slipping gear issues we will just rebuild them. If it's a solenoid failure then we usually put a whole valve body in it. Just my 0.02

Phil
RRPhil I need some assistance with my 2008 ranger Rover hse 4.2 supercharged I reset my Tcm now Im getting p0783 3 4 shift code in it shift very hard going from 3/4 can Please give me some information on the best possible way to correct this problem or what will be the proper repairs to correct this issue

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,208 Posts
If this code appeared after you reset the TCM then you probably reset your adaptations the TCM needs to relearn and adjust to your driving methods, shifting is harsh until it completes the adaptations. If it was there before you reset the TCM it may be a physical problem with the solenoid, low fluid, wiring harness issue, or some of the seals between the TCM and valve body.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It already been a full month in the shift from 3/4 is still harsh I recently brought all seven of the solenoids the bridge seal in the electrical connecter sleeve can you direct me on where I can purchase the four rubber jump tubes From?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It already been a full month in the shift from 3/4 is still harsh I recently brought all seven of the solenoids the bridge seal in the electrical connecter sleeve can you direct me on where I can purchase the four rubber jump tubes From?
Check Californian Transmission Supply Company. You should find them there. That's where I got mine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Not to be a downer like was said earlier in this thread, but when you slip from 3 to 4 its usually (almost always) burned clutches. I was thinking solenoids on our 09 S/C and I was wrong. $4K later I have a totally rebuilt ZF that shifts like a dream.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My advice would be to just replace the solenoids as a complete set, and then reset the adaptions (charge pressure & time). Don’t bother separating the two valve body halves. That’s enough money to spend on a speculative fix and I would say you had a 90% chance of fixing the issue with the solenoids alone.

You should certainly replace the bridge seal and the four jump tubes on re-assembly.

If the connector sleeve has never been replaced, and has the original red seals, then I would replace that too, while you’re at it.

Phil
Good morning Phil , I'm new to this forum . I'm having the same 3-4 Shift issue . I did a fluid change and the re-set the adatations , :( . All I can say is Live and Learn . Man I wish I could take that one back . I was going to get a solinoid pack , the bridge , the 4 little tube seals and a connector sleeve . I just don't have 5k to 6k to throw at it right now . If you have any advice , that would be awesome . Reason for asking is I saw your other reply to the other member having the same issue as myself . I'm just bummed out and need to get this thing fixed . It sounds like you have experience with this repair . Thanks so much for your time . Oh mine is a 2009 L322 4.2L , Supercharged . Other than this hick-up , I love this truck . Thanks again Sir . Have a great day !!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Good morning Phil , I'm new to this forum . I'm having the same 3-4 Shift issue . I did a fluid change and the re-set the adatations , :( . All I can say is Live and Learn . Man I wish I could take that one back . I was going to get a solinoid pack , the bridge , the 4 little tube seals and a connector sleeve . I just don't have 5k to 6k to throw at it right now . If you have any advice , that would be awesome . Reason for asking is I saw your other reply to the other member having the same issue as myself . I'm just bummed out and need to get this thing fixed . It sounds like you have experience with this repair . Thanks so much for your time . Oh mine is a 2009 L322 4.2L , Supercharged . Other than this hick-up , I love this truck . Thanks again Sir . Have a great day !!
The solenoid pack, bridge and tubes are a few hundred dollars and a few hours work. What do you need to know?

·
Registered
6 Posts
The solenoid pack, bridge and tubes are a few hundred dollars and a few hours work. What do you need to know?
Where is a place that I can get good quality parts for this repair . There are plenty out there to choose from , super cheap to over priced . I know trying to fix something over the "phone" per say is impossible , but I do appreciate your time and guidance with this repair . . Kind of new to the more in depth Range Rover issues , so again I do appreciate your time and patients . All of my other European vehicles have been Mercedes w211's & E39 BMW's . I do love this truck so I don't want to give up on it yet . Thank Phil !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh , I forgot . The Trans that is in question is a ZF 6HP26 ? A lot of the solenoid parts searches that come up are for BMW . I just want to make sure that I get the correct stuff .

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you read through the the earlier posts on this thread, you will find the part numbers and a supplier we use here in the US. I am not sure where you are based but they may post internationally if required.

·
Registered
2008 Range Rover L322 HSE
228 Posts
I had a limited gears issue and did the solenoids, tubes, bridge and pan/filter and bought it all from California transmission supply. Was around 600.00 plus shipping.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts