RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any ideas?

Installing my deployable side steps and fished the harness through on this side and was about to start putting it all back together and then saw this plug?? I didn’t disconnect it. Hoping I didn’t pull it off while wresting to get the trim panels off etc

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’ll answer my own question. It’s for the wade sensor

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I don’t have it...Haha I don’t know. Do 2014 ATB come standard with it? I was yanking on the bolster trim to pry it of when I put in/routing my deployable side skirt harness....thought maybe I disconnected it by accident doing thag but I didn’t see anywhere/module to plug it into

·
Registered
17 Posts
I guess I don’t have it...Haha I don’t know. Do 2014 ATB come standard with it? I was yanking on the bolster trim to pry it of when I put in/routing my deployable side skirt harness....thought maybe I disconnected it by accident doing thag but I didn’t see anywhere/module to plug it into
Cars with deployable side steps don't have wade sensors, at least through 2016.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The owner who pieced this ATB build together had fixed side steps installed new from factory. I did the deployable ones myself just now.

So if it should have wade sensing with fixed side steps on a 2014 ATB I guess I’ll have to go back in and look where it plugs into. I don’t think it wasa spec-able option in 2014

·
Registered
594 Posts
No Range Rover l405 in North America was allowed to have wade sensors at least thru 2018. Only UK and other intl markets had it. The wade sensor goes in the bottom of the side view mirror covers. None of our cars has the sensor. Powerful UK sells the sensor for 20 bucks but Patrick Meileur of GAP Diagnostics has never shown me how to enable the feature to show up on our nav screens with the GAP iid tool. I don’t know if it can be enabled. Simon of Powerful doesn’t know how to enable it. It’s CCF editing which could destroy your car and make it never drive again. Not worth the risk.

Cheers.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I’ll pass on bricking my car haha!

I didn’t think I was missing out on much as this ATB is loaded with every option from 2014.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts